IPL starts 9/4/21. Match schedule listing

Horrible idea. Why would we want to host any foreign tournament just as our own domestic season is coming to a hectic climax? This suggests to me just how little the domestic four day competition means to some counties. True, it probably appeals to a different group of enthusiasts but it will inevitably diminish interest in the county game already under siege from the Hundred, IPL etc. All 18 counties will each have at least six four day fixtures during the period from mid August to end of September and there is also a test series v India due to include two matches during early September not to mention T20 Blast finals day on the 18th and the five-day Bob Willis final starting 28th September. And the Cricket World Cup potentially starts in India in early October!

I wonder whether the IPL contracted players have been consulted?

I know that they are all desperate for funds, but, with Covid sweeping tragically through India, this is a crazy time to propose an unnecessary increase in travel from that country. With scientists trying desperately to keep us safe by finding modified vaccines to address the various mutations of the virus, why make their job harder and risk our own safety by potentially inviting more variants over here to wreck yet another Christmas?
I should think so too! Hopefully this puts an end to the suggestion of hosting the IPL over here.

good stuff by Athers

it really is mad we rested key players from a marequee series for this circus

I know the ECB felt they had no choice but I think it really reflects poorly on a specific few players on test contracts

dont sign it if you cant commit, middle of a pandemic and you refuse to miss some of a 2 month IPL

ridiculous

I should think so too! Hopefully this puts an end to the suggestion of hosting the IPL over here.
Don't see that it will. Fans will likely be allowed in, big Indian population, matches would be at 11am/3pm to fit in with Indian TV/time difference so they wouldn't detract from people watching domestic games. To be honest, it would likely be a welcome boost to the club/ economy in the area of the grounds that would host it.

I think it speaks volumes that no bugger on here is talking about this :lol:

The cricketing world stops for this one competition and we couldn't give a toss ;)

JUST IN: #SRH's T Natarajan has tested positive for COVID-19.

The player has isolated himself from the rest of the squad.

Today's match between SRH and #DC will go ahead as scheduled.

#IPL2021

I get that it’s a decent standard and when it’s played in front of full crowds in India it’s not too bad. But I just don’t get franchise cricket. End of

Back