IPL 2024 🇮🇳

What a joke :lol:

Absolute load of shite.

f***ing Sunil Narine who only seems to be able to bat in this tournament and has made a career out of it

Last edited:

Really good to see our captain score a unbeaten 100 chasing a score down.

Especially with the World Cup round the corner

Great stuff!

I wouldn’t be against him dropping down the order for England

I don’t see any other player who can control a chase, but we have lots who score runs in the power play

It worked last WC him at top but it’s gonna be slower, Lower pitches in the windies

I wouldn’t be against him dropping down the order for England

I don’t see any other player who can control a chase, but we have lots who score runs in the power play

It worked last WC him at top but it’s gonna be slower, Lower pitches in the windies
Yeah always a difficult one this one, in theory you want your best player facing as many balls as they can in T20 which he is.

However totally agree he our best judge of a chase and totally agree some really good other openers who can score quickly at the top of the order.

Never really had a strong opinion on this one as good arguments can be made either way

Yeah always a difficult one this one, in theory you want your best player facing as many balls as they can in T20 which he is.

However totally agree he our best judge of a chase and totally agree some really good other openers who can score quickly at the top of the order.

Never really had a strong opinion on this one as good arguments can be made either way
Buttler scored 269 runs at 89 in 2021 and 225 at 45 in 2022.

So we'd almost be mad not to keep him opening.

But the issue we had in both of those world cups, is we played a bunch of openers in the top 4 and relied massively on the opening pairs of Buttler/Roy Buttler/Hales to do a lot of the donkey work then fell apart if they didn't stay in till the end.

Big difference in the success between 2021 and 2022 was when the openers didn't go on. We had Stokes playing in a more orthodox ODI fashion in that Sri Lanka game and the final against Pakistan than T20, to hold it apart and finish the game.

So we now go into this world cup with a similar problem in that you could easily open with any of Salt,Jacks,Brook, Bairstow and I reckon still have a cracking platform in lots of games. But if they get out with work still to be done I don't trust Livingstone I do trust Buttler.

Buttler is one of the only top quality finishers in world cricket still out there and we could benefit massively from him batting at 5 instead.

I don't think he will but food for thought all the same.

Last edited:
Buttler scored 269 runs at 89 in 2021 and 225 at 45 in 2022.

So we'd almost be mad not to keep him opening.

But the issue we had in both of those world cups, is we played a bunch of openers in the top 4 and relied massively on the opening pairs of Buttler/Roy Buttler/Hales to do a lot of the donkey work then fell apart if they didn't stay in till the end.

Big difference in the success between 2021 and 2022 was when the openers didn't go on. We had Stokes playing in a more orthodox ODI fashion in that Sri Lanka game and the final against Pakistan than T20, to hold it apart and finish the game.

So we now go into this world cup with a similar problem in that you could easily open with any of Salt,Jacks,Brook, Bairstow and I reckon still have a cracking platform in lots of games. But if they get out with work still to be done I don't trust Livingstone I do trust Buttler.

Buttler is one of the only top quality finishers in world cricket still out there and we could benefit massively from him batting at 5 instead.

I don't think he will but food for thought all the same.
Yeah some really good points there mate and basically my view also.

Like I say very good points of view for both sides of the argument.

For me personally would bat him 5 to finish games with his calm head.

But if somebody said he should open very difficult to argue that view.

What's going on in the IPL his year? Not seen any of it but there's been some crazy scores. Have they prepared absolute roads and brought the boundaries in 10 yards?

What's going on in the IPL his year? Not seen any of it but there's been some crazy scores. Have they prepared absolute roads and brought the boundaries in 10 yards?
Pitches are completely flat, don’t think the boundaries are any different to normal.

The quality of the bowling seems down on previous years as well. Some of these local Indian bowlers are absolutely terrible.

I also think the Impact player/substitute rule in the IPL has contributed in some way to the high scores. Teams now can essentially field an extra batsman who they can now sub in if they lose a couple of early wickets

I also think the Impact player/substitute rule in the IPL has contributed in some way to the high scores. Teams now can essentially field an extra batsman who they can now sub in if they lose a couple of early wickets
Butler just led the Royals home as impact batsman 107 from 60. Highest run chase in ipl. Managed it brilliantly with little support

Back