IPL 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post 183&187 mate, suggesting players get contract from other nations ahead of England.

Which I disagree with, simply think sides ignore nationality and just draft rightly or wrongly what they consider the best players.

I proved I had a point in my long post like, you just didnt read it stuck your simplistic point

I am sure Fellaini was the very best player Man Utd could have signed at that time

I proved I had a point in my long post like, you just didnt read it stuck your simplistic point

I am sure Fellaini was the very best player Man Utd could have signed at that time

I said you had a point, was disagreeing with your original point regarding Steve Smith and Williamson as they would be selected whatever nationality of coach was in charge as both proven quality players and when Root did make himself available for the IPL, them two got contracts before him becuase they thought they were better players and nothing to do with the nationality of the coaches.

Last edited:
I said you had a point, was disagreeing with your original point regarding Steve Smith and Williamson as they would be selected whatever nationality of coach was in charge as both proven quality players and when Root did make himself available for the IPL, them two got contracts before him becuase they thought they were better players and nothing to do with the nationality of the coaches.

pointless talkign to you like, you are just wrong mate, simple as that.

Post 183&187 mate, suggesting players get contract from other nations ahead of England.

Which I disagree with, simply think sides ignore nationality and just draft rightly or wrongly what they consider the best players.
I'm sure they do but if there's not a clear differential they'll probably pick " better the devil I know" and I can't see anything wrong with that.

I'm sure they do but if there's not a clear differential they'll probably pick " better the devil I know" and I can't see anything wrong with that.

Will yeah that will happen when they is not a clear differential, my point all along is they would not knowingly pick lesser talented players just because they from a certain country.

Who are the top team at the moment and which overseas play for them?

ive not watched much of this yet, I like a bit of snooker

Will yeah that will happen when they is not a clear differential, my point all along is they would not knowingly pick lesser talented players just because they from a certain country.
It would be foolish to do so but it's difficult to be wholly objective with selection,they're probably more knowledgeable about players of their native country so will favour them which is bias,probably unintentional. Like you, I'm being pedantic;it's not nonsense to claim bias in selection.

Who are the top team at the moment and which overseas play for them?

ive not watched much of this yet, I like a bit of snooker

Well the top 2 teams basically. The top 3 are on 5-2. I don't rate RCB (3rd) - they have great batting but ABD tends to disappear when it most matters and Finch is out of form.
Delhi Capitals have a very strong bowling lineup and solid batting lineup. Overseas are Rabada, Nortje, Stoinis and one of Hetmyer/Carey. Lamichhane in their squad too, but he's behind the rest.
Mumbai Indians have the best core of Indian players, their overseas are de Kock, Boult, Pollard and Pattinson. Malinga's withdrawn so and getting on a bit, so their fourth overseas is a bit weak.

If you want to watch English talent then Rajasthan Royals are your best bet, they have Archer, Stokes, Buttler (with Smith). They're 3-4, depends really if their main players can carry, only Archer's really consistently fired for them. But they should be strong if their main guys turn up.

Last edited:
This may sound a bit ridiculous but, Buttler almost trying to score to quickly this year

it’s abalance but if I reckon he just bats time he will score more than enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back