Intermittent fasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

supersesh

Winger
Any one did this before?

Basically you eat your daily cal intake and macro nutrients in a 4 hour window

So I eat a meal at 1pm, and 5pm , about 8/900 calls each, then fast for 20 hours

When I first heard about this I thought it was ridiculous ,however after watching endless videos by the "fastingtwins" on YouTube it sounds legit.

I started yesterday , and I'm really hungry right now but it's dealable because I know at 1pm I've got a good meal coming up.

I'm going to eat two crispy chicken breasts, tuna light lunch , and some whey protein, n perhaps a few hash browns to get the cals up if needed. Then a similar meal at 5pm ( getting in all my macro nutrients, fruit/fibre shit at a cal deficit)

My insulin will supposedly be spiked right up, and be able to take in all the protein.

This diet goes against everything I've ever learned about cutting and I'm a bit apprehensive of doing it but willing to give it a go.

I will keep ppl updated if people are interested. I currently weigh in at 14'10 and would say my body fat is around 16%. My goal is 8% body fat.

Any one did this before?

Basically you eat your daily cal intake and macro nutrients in a 4 hour window

So I eat a meal at 1pm, and 5pm , about 8/900 calls each, then fast for 20 hours

When I first heard about this I thought it was ridiculous ,however after watching endless videos by the "fastingtwins" on YouTube it sounds legit.

I started yesterday , and I'm really hungry right now but it's dealable because I know at 1pm I've got a good meal coming up.

I'm going to eat two crispy chicken breasts, tuna light lunch , and some whey protein, n perhaps a few hash browns to get the cals up if needed. Then a similar meal at 5pm ( getting in all my macro nutrients, fruit/fibre shit at a cal deficit)

My insulin will supposedly be spiked right up, and be able to take in all the protein.

This diet goes against everything I've ever learned about cutting and I'm a bit apprehensive of doing it but willing to give it a go.

I will keep ppl updated if people are interested. I currently weigh in at 14'10 and would say my body fat is around 16%. My goal is 8% body fat.

I have done it/do it. At the moment I do a couple days every few weeks sometimes out of choice and sometimes because I don't have enough time to eat till the evening meal.

It does work though. I did it for 3 weeks doing it 2-3 days a week and lost just under a stone. Shaving about 1.5 inches off my waist.

I would eat my meal at about 7-8pm then maybe have some chicken at about 2 then have main meal on the night of meat/fish and greens.

Think there is a few threads on it in the past as well. Think zidanny put up a pdf for it I think from lean gains

Last edited:
Is this the same as the 2:5 diet?

2 days out of 7 yo eat less than 500 cals, 5 days out of seven you eat normally (probably sensibly)

probs the same idea pal, not sure if it's possible while weight training as the guys who recommend this reckon it takes 48 hours to go catobolic (which is news to me)

I have done it/do it. At the moment I do a couple days every few weeks sometimes out of choice and sometimes because I don't have enough time to eat till the evening meal.

It does work though. I did it for 3 weeks doing it 2-3 days a week and lost just under a stone. Shaving about 1.5 inches off my waist.

I would eat my meal at about 7-8pm then maybe have some chicken at about 2 then have main meal on the night of meat/fish and greens.

Think there is a few threads on it in the past as well. Think zidanny put up a pdf for it I think from lean gains

awesome results that mate, if I get anywhere near that I'll be over the moon. I'll have a search for that zidanny post.

So far so good, just had my meal there. When i was on the 6meals eat small and often diet I was still hungry after and my cravings where out of control. I'd rather starve and look forward to some decent bait.

probs the same idea pal, not sure if it's possible while weight training as the guys who recommend this reckon it takes 48 hours to go catobolic (which is news to me)

awesome results that mate, if I get anywhere near that I'll be over the moon. I'll have a search for that zidanny post.

So far so good, just had my meal there. When i was on the 6meals eat small and often diet I was still hungry after and my cravings where out of control. I'd rather starve and look forward to some decent bait.

That was training 5 days a week as well. Once you have done it for a while it gets easier as you stop thinking about it so much. I just drank loads of water and that helped anytime I did feel hungry.

i do 16/8 so I start eating at lunch time and finish around 8 or 9. Obviously eating the right things is the important bit but i see this as maximizing the results.

Is this the same as the 2:5 diet?

2 days out of 7 yo eat less than 500 cals, 5 days out of seven you eat normally (probably sensibly)

No it's different. This is just eating in a small 4-8 hour window, and eating nothing during the other 20-16 hrs if the day.

I'd scrap listening to the Hodge twins and read here:

www.leangains.com

cheers for the link Titus

I like the hodge twins for a few reason's

1.) they are funny as fuck

2.) they tell you how it is

3.) they aren't on the gear and show you exactly how to do things. I've learned the hard way over the years reading shit off the internet, when all it is majority of the time, is a load of shit a roid head has put together. Any shit workout on shit diet will work if you take the right stuff, worst part is they don't admit to taking anything, so you get tricked into doing what they say and it doesn't work.

IMHO that Martin Berkhan is on the gear also, so I'd immediately disregard any info on that page.

I'm not the only one that thinks it either.

link

link

That was training 5 days a week as well. Once you have done it for a while it gets easier as you stop thinking about it so much. I just drank loads of water and that helped anytime I did feel hungry.

my water intake is really shit to be honest, So I'll try give that a go what you recommended.

When i first started on the 6 small meals craic a few years back i set alarms on my phone every 3 hours of the day to remind me, then it just became habit. Think I'll do the same with water.

3.) they aren't on the gear and show you exactly how to do things. I've learned the hard way over the years reading shit off the internet, when all it is majority of the time, is a load of shit a roid head has put together. Any shit workout on shit diet will work if you take the right stuff, worst part is they don't admit to taking anything, so you get tricked into doing what they say and it doesn't work.

IMHO that Martin Berkhan is on the gear also, so I'd immediately disregard any info on that page.

link

link

my water intake is really shit to be honest, So I'll try give that a go what you recommended.

When i first started on the 6 small meals craic a few years back i set alarms on my phone every 3 hours of the day to remind me, then it just became habit. Think I'll do the same with water.

I fill up a 2 liter bottle on a morning and drink that while at work then have another 1-2 liters at home.

I fill up a 2 liter bottle on a morning and drink that while at work then have another 1-2 liters at home.

sounds good, are you not pissing all day, when i start i only end up sticking to it for about a week or so. And them I'm running to the toilet every hour. Does it slow down lol ? :lol:

I'd scrap listening to the Hodge twins and read here:

www.leangains.com

I'm not so sure now actually, I think I'm just too suspicious of everyone because I train at marine house :lol:

the hodge twins actually preach what martin bekhan say's though and looks like where they got the idea from.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSdwdWnTRlQ"]Link[/ame]

Berkhan isn't basing his claims purely off of personal anecdote though mate, so it's irrelevent if he is personally on gear. He's not saying 'do this because it worked for me', he is saying 'this is the evidence supporting this claim'.

I'm not so sure now actually, I think I'm just too suspicious of everyone because I train at marine house :lol:

the hodge twins actually preach what martin bekhan say's though and looks like where they got the idea from.

Link

Berkhan really has pushed intermittent fasting in recent years - a very intelligent man with a lot of experience.

Hodge Twins jumped on the IF bandwagon because they seen a business opportunity I sense.

Fine if you want to disregard his info, but you'd be doing yourself an injustice mate.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hodge twins are funny, great to watch. They do give out mainly good advise, although they have splurged out loads of rubbish as well, especially in the early vids. They're a lot more knowledgable now though and can almost pronounce hypertrophy.

Berkhan isn't basing his claims purely off of personal anecdote though mate, so it's irrelevent if he is personally on gear. He's not saying 'do this because it worked for me', he is saying 'this is the evidence supporting this claim'.

Berkhan really has pushed intermittent fasting in recent years - a very intelligent man with a lot of experience.

Hodge Twins jumped on the IF bandwagon because they seen a business opportunity I sense.

Fine if you want to disregard his info, but you'd be doing yourself an injustice mate.

Most certainly, don't blame them either.

Nah it's probs sound advice, just rather listen to someone who's natural if you get me, then i know 100% it works.

Been doing the 16:8 diet for a couple months now and I really feel the benefit. I'm already a healthy weight but shifted some belly fat and just generally feel more sharp and alert. My endurance when doing exercise has boosted massively too. Don't feel hungry at all during the fasting stage.

There was a Horizon episode about fasting which is brilliant and on iPlayer.

I posted this a few years ago, It worked, but no better than basic calorie counting.

I still do it mate and I have maintained by weight over the past year.

Usually Monday - Thursday while I'm at work.

Fast from about 21:00 to 12:00ish the next day.

Hods of food after exercising. I didn't bother with the BCAA or whatever before strength training and I'm mostly only running now.

It's just about getting into a bit of a routine.

Been doing the 16:8 diet for a couple months now and I really feel the benefit. I'm already a healthy weight but shifted some belly fat and just generally feel more sharp and alert. My endurance when doing exercise has boosted massively too. Don't feel hungry at all during the fasting stage.

There was a Horizon episode about fasting which is brilliant and on iPlayer.

What do you eat before exercise please?

I have done some exercise in a totally fasted state but I felt a bit 'weak'. Therefore I have been drinking a shake about an hour before a run or if I do some free weights. Shake is water/milk, crushed banana, honey and myProtein powder stuff but when it runs out I won't buy any more. After the run I eat a bagel + chicken breast or hard boiled egg and then eat over the next 6 or 7 hours, main meal at 8ish when I return home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back