Interesting computer game facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I retract my earlierstatement that the 3do was the first cd based system as the CD-i was around long before it (it was the one i was thinking of though with pebble beach golf) - there was also the amiga cd32 before the 3do i think
My mate had an Amiga cd32. It was dogshit. We only used it to play music cds.

i'm loving this thread lol

MegaMan was blue cos' the NES had a limited colour palate and it had slightly more blue shades than any other.

Mario has a tache cos due to the limited graphics it was easier than drawing his mouth.

Also the bushes and the clouds are the same image, just different colours.

:lol:

Sony’s PlayStation was originally planned as a CD-ROM add-on for the Super Nintendo

Looks awesome!

Logon or register to see this image

Super Mario Bros 2 was only made because Nintendo thought that the originally planned version (which became the lost levels) was to hard for americans.

Last edited:
i'm loving this thread lol

MegaMan was blue cos' the NES had a limited colour palate and it had slightly more blue shades than any other.

Also the bushes and the clouds are the same image, just different colours.

Looks awesome!

Super Mario Bros 2 was only made because Nintendo thought that the originally planned version (which became the lost levels) was to hard for americans.
And is just a famicom game reskinned with Mario characters.

Resident evil 4 early builds which were shown at the time was set in a mansion and involved ghosts, not zombies or possessed people.
I believe players had to take photographs of ghosts to defeat them. Very different to the finished game.

That looks very similar to Project Zero for the PS2, you run around taking photographs of ghosts and have no weapons. It is a great game but Jesus Christ it is scary.

Mario was originally called Jumpman, and Princess Peach was Pauline, in their first digital outing. Which was Donkey Kong

And Donkey Kong was a mis-translation from Japanese to English - should have been for far more sensible "Monkey" Kong.

And Donkey Kong was a mis-translation from Japanese to English - should have been for far more sensible "Monkey" Kong.
Urban myth-
The story of how Miyamoto came up with the name "Donkey Kong" varies. A false urban myth says that the name was originally meant to be "Monkey Kong", but was misspelled or misinterpreted due to a blurred fax or bad telephone connection. Another, more credible story claims Miyamoto looked in a Japanese-English dictionary for something that would mean "stubborn gorilla", or that "Donkey" was meant to convey "silly" or "stubborn"; "Kong" was common Japanese slang for "gorilla". A rival claim is that he worked with Nintendo's export manager to come up with the title, and that "Donkey" was meant to represent "stupid and goofy". In the end, Miyamoto stated that he thought the name would convey the thought of a "stupid ape".

Reactions: PTR
After another night of not sleeping well I had a read through Zergnet and came across an article of 10 urban legends in gaming, not thinking the sonic.exe story would be in the list.

Anyone that believed that story shouldn't be playing games.

http://www.creepypasta.co.uk/2013/07/sonicexe.html?m=1

a lot of them are tosh but I believe their could be something in the FF VII theory that Squal is dead at the end and that the 2nd disc is a dream for a couple of reasons:

1: He gets impaled at the end of disc 1 and wakes up on disc 2 with no visible injuries.
2: Disc 2 is a dream as he as dying and that could explain why it goes more far fetched as the game goes on.
3: At the end of the game their is a sequence where his life "flashes before his eyes"

this picture flashes up before the end of the game, its very strange :eek:

http://squallsdead.com

Read this book:

Loads of great stories in it, but it is a bit USA-centric.

I retract my earlierstatement that the 3do was the first cd based system as the CD-i was around long before it (it was the one i was thinking of though with pebble beach golf) - there was also the amiga cd32 before the 3do i think
Commodore CD-TV came out before any of them, it was never sold as a game console but it was just an amiga 500 in a box. Came out almost a year before the CD-i.

the atari jaguar wasn't actually 64bit, it was 2 32bit chip stuck together
It did have 2 32bit chips, but it got the 64 part from the fact the graphics chip was partially 64bit and partially 32bit.

Last edited:
Reactions: PTR
a lot of them are tosh but I believe their could be something in the FF VII theory that Squal is dead at the end and that the 2nd disc is a dream for a couple of reasons:

1: He gets impaled at the end of disc 1 and wakes up on disc 2 with no visible injuries.
2: Disc 2 is a dream as he as dying and that could explain why it goes more far fetched as the game goes on.
3: At the end of the game their is a sequence where his life "flashes before his eyes"

this picture flashes up before the end of the game, its very strange :eek:

http://squallsdead.com

You forgot the conclusion bit. The article wrote it's all a coincidence ;)

I'm under the belief its the same story as FF 10 where he was already dead to begin with

You forgot the conclusion bit. The article wrote it's all a coincidence ;)

I'm under the belief its the same story as FF 10 where he was already dead to begin with

When did he die in that version mate?

Glados from Portal looks like a bound and gagged woman from a certain angle :eek:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back