Interesting computer game facts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Despite internet claims, it was always part of the plan for Aeris to die in FF7 (I'd say spoilers but it's 18 years old ffs).
Doctor Eggman/Robotnik is a feminist.
The first Final Fantasy game was by programmed by one man and didn't even really know what a RPG was.

Tetris was made by the Russian Government.
It was coded by Alexey Pajitnov and another Soviet fella but they didn't see royalties from it because they worked for the Russian government. From the mouth of Pajitnov himself at PAX, if I remember his speech correctly (which sometimes I don't mind you, with my shocking short term memory) - it was the only discussion I waited for during the whole weekend. He was an interesting fella.

Tetris was also the first game ever played in space.

It was coded by Alexey Pajitnov and another Soviet fella but they didn't see royalties from it because they worked for the Russian government. From the mouth of Pajitnov himself at PAX, if I remember his speech correctly (which sometimes I don't mind you, with my shocking short term memory) - it was the only discussion I waited for during the whole weekend. He was an interesting fella.

Tetris was also the first game ever played in space.

There was a gaming documentary on a few months back featuring Charlie Brooker who explained the whole thing. If you think about it we've literally funded their nukes :cool:

Despite internet claims, it was always part of the plan for Aeris to die in FF7 (I'd say spoilers but it's 18 years old ffs).

I read an interview with one of the guys that made it years back, it was pretty early in development when they decided to kill her off.

She's on disc 2 hidden away in a scene after she dies. So they may have changed the how and when.

I felt spergy as fuck writing that. And a desire to replay FF7. No clue what I could do that I haven't already.

one of my fave game facts is that all of the pilots in starfox have had their legs amputated and replaced with prosthetic silver boots.

have a look in any of the promo pictures of the game.

It's apparently to combat the g-forces

There was a gaming documentary on a few months back featuring Charlie Brooker who explained the whole thing. If you think about it we've literally funded their nukes :cool:
On a related note to that show. Did you see the outrage of the fatalaties in Mortal Kombat in the early 90's? Then the latest Mortal Kombat fatalaties never get mentioned yet are absolutely horrific!

Resident evil 4 early builds which were shown at the time was set in a mansion and involved ghosts, not zombies or possessed people.
I believe players had to take photographs of ghosts to defeat them. Very different to the finished game.

Last edited:
Resident evil 4 early builds which were shown at the time was set in a mansion and involved ghosts, not zombies or possessed people.
I believe players had to take photographs of ghosts to defeat them. Very different to the finished game.
Isn't that the premise of Luigi's Mansion?

I retract my earlierstatement that the 3do was the first cd based system as the CD-i was around long before it (it was the one i was thinking of though with pebble beach golf) - there was also the amiga cd32 before the 3do i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back