Inside No.9

It's a tough one really, as although I found the show enjoyable it all seemed a bit pointless to me.
Before it started I said to Mrs Army (no) that I wouldn't be surprised if something went wrong and one of them "died" on air. The example I gave was the Paul Daniels Halloween special years ago where he "died" after a trick went wrong.
As soon as the sound went off I was dubious it was real, but after the cancellation announcement I was ready to switch over, particularly when the repeat started. Luckily I spotted the ghost in the background. Trouble is, this is where the episode lost all authenticity of it being a live show, as after that it was obvious that nothing following it was real. If they could have held off with the ghostly stuff until later it might have worked better, but following in the footsteps of Ghostwatch it was never going to fool or scare anyone (after the initial rug pulling of starting to show the repeat).
I think it'd have worked better if a scripted live show had taken place and something had gone horribly wrong towards the end.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but once it showed it's true colours there were no surprises left.

It's a tough one really, as although I found the show enjoyable it all seemed a bit pointless to me.
Before it started I said to Mrs Army (no) that I wouldn't be surprised if something went wrong and one of them "died" on air. The example I gave was the Paul Daniels Halloween special years ago where he "died" after a trick went wrong.
As soon as the sound went off I was dubious it was real, but after the cancellation announcement I was ready to switch over, particularly when the repeat started. Luckily I spotted the ghost in the background. Trouble is, this is where the episode lost all authenticity of it being a live show, as after that it was obvious that nothing following it was real. If they could have held off with the ghostly stuff until later it might have worked better, but following in the footsteps of Ghostwatch it was never going to fool or scare anyone (after the initial rug pulling of starting to show the repeat).
I think it'd have worked better if a scripted live show had taken place and something had gone horribly wrong towards the end.
Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but once it showed it's true colours there were no surprises left.

Where was this visible? I was going to watch it again anyway.

Where was this visible? I was going to watch it again anyway.
There was a ghost/ zombie (can't remember which) in the far left of the screen at back of the garden when you see the close up of the guy sat on the couch, followed quickly by the big jump cut shock.
There were quite a few other ghostly figures in the background of shots throughout the show.

Back