Insanity workout

Haha looking forward to it as well after doing half an hour's worth of plié stretches and god knows what else.

I much prefer running around like a tit, than stretching like one :lol:

My last week this week.
Feel fitter, slimmer & fresher.

Not one item of clothing fits me now though, which is a bit shit.

Gonna start it again next week.

Second plyometric done this morning, probably the hardest I've pushed myself so far. It is fast becoming my least favourite workout though, and I'm going to do it again tomorrow seeing as I've pushed my first rest day back to Saturday seeing as that suits me a lot better than taking it midweek.

My last week this week.
Feel fitter, slimmer & fresher.

Not one item of clothing fits me now though, which is a bit shit.

Gonna start it again next week.
What's your diet been like marra? I'm far from sticking to the plan, but trying to eat relatively healthily (aside from the massive cheesecake I had last night :lol:). It's a piece of piss sticking to the workouts, but staying disciplined enough to have a decent diet is the problem I'm having at the moment.

I didnt stick to the diet plan book at all because I like to cook, and occasionally I like to eat the stuff I've cooked. Its not generally unhealthy stuff anyway - generally stuff made in the slow cooker or homemade chillis and curries and stuff. Does mean a lot of my diet is rice, potatoes and that though so I guess not the best for weight loss, but I still lost around 12 pounds over the 2 months. And tbh I quite often ordered out on the weekend.

I have to assume plyo is everyone's least favourite. Jumping sucks.

I can't cook at all like (and neither can our lass) so my meals are generally very simple. On the bright side I have cut out shite like pastries, burgers, pizzas, chips etc for the past couple of weeks, my vice will always be desserts though. Good to know you don't have to be so rigid with it though to see results.

And on another note has anyone seen an improvement in their flexibility? Despite being in decent shape fitness wise I'm still an embarrassment during the stretches.

Second plyometric done this morning, probably the hardest I've pushed myself so far. It is fast becoming my least favourite workout though, and I'm going to do it again tomorrow seeing as I've pushed my first rest day back to Saturday seeing as that suits me a lot better than taking it midweek.

What's your diet been like marra? I'm far from sticking to the plan, but trying to eat relatively healthily (aside from the massive cheesecake I had last night :lol:). It's a piece of piss sticking to the workouts, but staying disciplined enough to have a decent diet is the problem I'm having at the moment.

My diet was class for the first 5-6 weeks. Healthy and no drink.
The past week or so I've ate a load of shit and drank though, which is a bit of a let down!

I'm just gonna save my 'treat day' for a match day from now on.

I didnt stick to the diet plan book at all because I like to cook, and occasionally I like to eat the stuff I've cooked. Its not generally unhealthy stuff anyway - generally stuff made in the slow cooker or homemade chillis and curries and stuff. Does mean a lot of my diet is rice, potatoes and that though so I guess not the best for weight loss, but I still lost around 12 pounds over the 2 months. And tbh I quite often ordered out on the weekend.

I have to assume plyo is everyone's least favourite. Jumping sucks.

Nowt wrong with rice and potatoes mate, I make sure to eat these daily!

Theres loads of good info on this board about food and diet, check out Titus's threads he knows all the science stuff and all the links ive read seem to make a lot of sense.

Ive dieted and been cardio obsessed and lost weight in the past, reached a target weight/date and put it all back on, but i have to say the last few months after taking advice from this board Ive never felt as good and eaten so well, me skinny clothes fit again and Im maintaining easily.

I was 90kg in march, completed Insanity mostly on a diet (a girls one -probably about 1500(empty)cals a day!) and lost about 4-5kg. Happy with my clothes fitting better but not with my overall results as in a more muscular physique, just had less fat.

Started strength training, still do some cardio and got my fitnesspal app. approx 2500cals a day but more importantly watch the ratios (Carbs/fat/protein)

If you like cooking it makes it so much easier, I do and spend plenty time in there planning and cooking baits for work etc

Food is really important if youre looking to improve youre physique as well as your fitness but that doesnt mean starving yourself!

BTW Im currently 78kg, I dont look like one of the fitness instructors on Insanity but I dont look like im terminally ill which i have done in the past through diet and cardio!!

At the moment I'm about 10 and a half stone, really just doing this to get into some decent shape and keep the weight off.

Once I've done this I'll be looking into the possibility of doing something with weights for improved physique. Only real problem is I know nothing about weight training and the right sorts of foods to be eating as well; feeling like a tit going to a gym and trying to lift weights also puts me off somewhat.

Right. I've been bullshitting myself for about 2 weeks that I'm gonna get into this again, but tomorrow I am. I have my alarm set early so I can get it done and still have time for a ride on my bike after recovering. I'm sick of seeing my rolls of fat and slight manboobs so I'm determined to push myself hard in the 5 weeks I have until I go back to uni. I made good progress before I went off on my jollies so I'm hoping to get some more weight off. Currently at 12 st and my body looks bad so I'm motivated to get the job done.
It's good to read that people are still going strong and getting results.

At the moment I'm about 10 and a half stone, really just doing this to get into some decent shape and keep the weight off.

Once I've done this I'll be looking into the possibility of doing something with weights for improved physique. Only real problem is I know nothing about weight training and the right sorts of foods to be eating as well; feeling like a tit going to a gym and trying to lift weights also puts me off somewhat.

lads off here recommended Stronglifts 5 x 5, its a strength training program that can be done at home (need to spend a years gym membership on equipment)
Like I said before trawl through D&E section and theres loads of info about food and training.

Well that isn't happening. Power cut means I haven't been able to get the telly or my laptop on which needs charging.

Brilliant.

Starting to really notice a difference in my shape now (45 days in). I've missed four workouts but will do them once I get to the end. I haven't stuck to the diet plan at all (but do eat resonably well apart from a cheat day on a Saturday) and have had around 5 all dayers on the drink since I started.

I've only lost about a pound on the scales, but I'm so much more toned and my waist is noticeably smaller. I also have very little fat left on my legs and when I'm stretching I can feel the muscle that I've now got in my quads and glutes from the plyo stuff.

With only two and a half weeks left I'm going to cut the drink out completely and eat better to see if there's even more of an improvement. The month two workouts seem like hell but the extra 15 minutes fly past.

Seriously lads, if you're thinking about doing this just get the video on and press play. I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

9 days in and I finally have a rest day tomorrow! Switched the rest from a Wednesday to a Saturday as that fits in better with my weekly routine, but fuck me these last couple of days have been a right pain after doing two plyo sessions in a row Tuesday/Wednesday. Don't think I've sweated that much in my entire life from today's session :lol:

It still wasn't so bad doing just the cardio stuff, but jumps and moving backwards and forwards from plank has killed my quads. Can't wait to put my feet up tomorrow like.

Day 1, well 2, done again. Sweating me nads off even more in this heat. I'd forgotten a little how hard this bugger works your glutes and quads.

So a week ago I finished Insanity, since I did another recovery week of Core cardio and Balance and now I've restarted the whole program. (No first fit test, using the results from the first "pass") Going through the easy month 1 workouts again is incredible! Mainly because somehow, against all logic, sense, justice and hope it still absolutely frikkin' knacks.

Fuck me, he loves working the quads like.

The rest of my body feels fine, but getting to the end of the plyo circuit today and they felt like they were on fire.

Fuck me, he loves working the quads like.

The rest of my body feels fine, but getting to the end of the plyo circuit today and they felt like they were on fire.
Just healed up from an injury sustained on my first day doing it again. Good going that. :rolleyes:
Had a strain in my quad which stopped me from even walking properly.

Cardio Recovery is quite easily my least favourite workout, I can barely do any of the activities and I seem to be getting nothing from it.

Might just replace it with Insane Abs.

Back