Insanity Workout Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point, I haven't got a problem.

I'm never going to have a six pack or out, don't want one, too much hard work. I'd rather carry a bit extra fat and enjoy the good things in life, like bait and booze. Still hoy a few weights about and do a couple 5k runs a week, but exercise doesn't take over my life.

Only here for a short life, enjoy the fucker!
the only reason I cycle to work and back every day is so I can eat and drink what I want.

Depends what you define as "in shape". If you mean healthy and fairly fit, that's my definition. Rather than a muscley roid type.
In shape to me justs means to be able to play say an hour of high tempo 5 a side - definitely not the roidy type! I only made the quote because I thought I was doing ok until I played 5 a side for the first time in a few years having only did long walking type exercise in the interim. I wasnt fat at all but got a shock when I played like.

I can play footy for 90 minutes, run 10k, I'm reasonably strong....I also drink like a fish and eat like a pig!

Best of both worlds!

Guess being a gym boy just isn't my thing.
I think you are in shape then mate if can run 10k! I got that insanity because I'm not a gym boy in the slighest, hate the places tbh

I did the 60 day insanity and dropped 4% body fat and half a stone. And I had nowt to lose. If your already fit you can keep up with the trainers and it's class. If your not you will have to build up the speed slowly.

I think you are in shape then mate if can run 10k! I got that insanity because I'm not a gym boy in the slighest, hate the places tbh
I'm not knocking the workout, have friends who've burnt away fat and become much fitter because of it.

I'm a big set lad anyways, over 6 foot and I'm not that mobile, so doing that type of stuff isn't for me. No doubt it works mind, I've seen the results. But it's a lot of time really, up to an hour a day for 6 days a week.

Won't realise how unfit you are until you do it (those saying they are fit will be in for a shock). I thought I was ok fitness wise but it fucked me good and proper to the point where you are calling him all the names under the sun, and that oriental looking lass who gets right into it!!!

If you want a quicker workout (25 mins) to build up to Insanity try his T25 one which he done before Insanity. Will build up your cardio and get you in shape for a blast of Insanity. Busy doing this one at the mo and seeing results (yet still eating and drinking shit). Biggest prob with most workouts is the time, but 25 mins isn't too bad. Just hoy your tea on and get going. The lass with the pony tail on it is foxy anarl!!

It's alright, but too repetitive for great results IMO. If you can spare the time, just do the full one.

Been thinking of doing Metafit one day a week then doing the 60 day Insanity programme around that, I'm just concerned I may be doing too much in one go. As you say the F&F one will get repetitive.

Been thinking of doing Metafit one day a week then doing the 60 day Insanity programme around that, I'm just concerned I may be doing too much in one go. As you say the F&F one will get repetitive.
I did a fortnight of the insanity work out and even then noticed a difference. Even fine to more flexible during stretching etc. got bored and now back to square one

If your talking about metafit and insanity together before you've even started any of them your setting yourself up to fail.

Won't realise how unfit you are until you do it (those saying they are fit will be in for a shock). I thought I was ok fitness wise but it fucked me good and proper to the point where you are calling him all the names under the sun, and that oriental looking lass who gets right into it!!!

If you want a quicker workout (25 mins) to build up to Insanity try his T25 one which he done before Insanity. Will build up your cardio and get you in shape for a blast of Insanity. Busy doing this one at the mo and seeing results (yet still eating and drinking shit). Biggest prob with most workouts is the time, but 25 mins isn't too bad. Just hoy your tea on and get going. The lass with the pony tail on it is foxy anarl!!

Is that the Focus T25 one?[DOUBLEPOST=1396431928][/DOUBLEPOST]
If your talking about metafit and insanity together before you've even started any of them your setting yourself up to fail.

Just juggling around options at the min, might just do Metafit one day a week until I increase my level of fitness then try Insanity[DOUBLEPOST=1396432044][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did a fortnight of the insanity work out and even then noticed a difference. Even fine to more flexible during stretching etc. got bored and now back to square one

Thats the problem I have, I get bored dead easily. I used to go to the gym in my youth 3 times a week with my mates but as they all gradually dropped out I found I was doing it on me tod and it got boring quickly.If I'm doing something like Insanity I can see I'm going to get bored or distracted too much. I guess if I do something like Metafit I've got other people there motivating me.

Last edited:
I 'did' Insanity for three months. I started out in very poor shape and by the end I was running 10k no problem and was in the best shape of my life.

It works, and it's brilliant, but it's not rocket science. It's an exercise routine that is designed to push anyone - from couch potato to Olympian - to their absolute limit. It's not fun, takes a lot of willpower and you'll regularly be sat in a pool of sweat wanting to cry (typical Sunderland night out).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back