Insanity Workout Programme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that the Focus T25 one?[DOUBLEPOST=1396431928][/DOUBLEPOST]

Just juggling around options at the min, might just do Metafit one day a week until I increase my level of fitness then try Insanity[DOUBLEPOST=1396432044][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thats the problem I have, I get bored dead easily. I used to go to the gym in my youth 3 times a week with my mates but as they all gradually dropped out I found I was doing it on me tod and it got boring quickly.If I'm doing something like Insanity I can see I'm going to get bored or distracted too much. I guess if I do something like Metafit I've got other people there motivating me.
It's something you'll have to maintain too. No point doing it and getting to a ridiculous level of fitness because then what? Unless you play a sport to a decent standard there's no point or motivation. I've a garage gym set up for light weights, I do a park run on a Saturday and a bike ride anywhere between 30-50 miles Thursdays. Eating and drink healthy enough but not to the point where if refuse a beer. No way on earth would I give up having a beer or shitty food now and then unless there was an actual reason

Think I might order the Focus T25, then move up to Insanity later on in the year. Just hope the floors in the house hold up with me jumping around. :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1396433399][/DOUBLEPOST]
It's something you'll have to maintain too. No point doing it and getting to a ridiculous level of fitness because then what? Unless you play a sport to a decent standard there's no point or motivation. I've a garage gym set up for light weights, I do a park run on a Saturday and a bike ride anywhere between 30-50 miles Thursdays. Eating and drink healthy enough but not to the point where if refuse a beer. No way on earth would I give up having a beer or shitty food now and then unless there was an actual reason

I don't think it's just about fitness, I want to lose weight as I'm finding myself having to buy bigger jeans and trousers every so many months so I'd probably get to my preferred weight and maintain that by doing regular runs. I sometimes weep when I think back to how fit and toned, 6-pack and all I was when I was 19-20 and the unfit mess I've become now. So it's something I'd want to maintain and as I get more time, start getting back into the gym doing weights.

Last edited:
Think I might order the Focus T25, then move up to Insanity later on in the year. Just hope the floors in the house hold up with me jumping around. :lol:[DOUBLEPOST=1396433399][/DOUBLEPOST]

I don't think it's just about fitness, I want to lose weight as I'm finding myself having to buy bigger jeans and trousers every so many months so I'd probably get to my preferred weight and maintain that by doing regular runs. I sometimes weep when I think back to how fit and toned, 6-pack and all I was when I was 19-20 and the unfit mess I've become now. So it's something I'd want to maintain and as I get more time, start getting back into the gym doing weights.

If your main aim is weight loss then looking at your diet should be the number one priority. There are hundreds of threads on this in the D&E forum.

It might be more sustainable if you look at something less intense that you can carry on doing easily indefinitely.

I tried it. Started as a porker at 15 clem. Lost about a stone in a month, although ate very healthily to in that period. Problem for me was boredom so sacked it off and just tried to keep eating well and do some moderate exercise. Weight loss has slowed down but still coming of gradually and much more chance of keeping it off I reckon if I do it slowly

Has any of the fine members of RTG done this workout programme? seen it advertised on the television box one morning and figured I might give it a go.

My worry is being an overweight kernt with zero motivation that this will kill me.

Tried to post links but for some reason the thread is not accepting them.

There's a massive thread on it in diet and exercise mate, worth a look

Also have a look at this http://dementedjedi.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Insanity

I managed to acquire a copy of the Insanity 20 min workout...........lasted 10 mins before I nearly keeled over. Must admit I did enjoy that quick blast, but I think I'm gonna have to ease myself into this like haha.

I managed to acquire a copy of the Insanity 20 min workout...........lasted 10 mins before I nearly keeled over. Must admit I did enjoy that quick blast, but I think I'm gonna have to ease myself into this like haha.

Insanity or the T25?

Just keep at it. It's meant to fuck you up, 2nd week in and you will notice you are getting through more of it and doing more of it properly.

My main problem doing it is my thighs f***ing cramp up whenever they are pushed, doesn't seem to get any better either :neutral:

Insanity or the T25?

Just keep at it. It's meant to fuck you up, 2nd week in and you will notice you are getting through more of it and doing more of it properly.

My main problem doing it is my thighs f***ing cramp up whenever they are pushed, doesn't seem to get any better either :neutral:

It was the Insanity Fast & Furious workout. I'm going to ease my way into it by doing 10 mins at a time, before going into the 20 mins+ in the next week. I'm already feeling the tightness in my arms and legs just from that 10 mins alone, I guess I was a hell of a lot unfitter than I first thought. But defo gonna keep at it.

It was the Insanity Fast & Furious workout. I'm going to ease my way into it by doing 10 mins at a time, before going into the 20 mins+ in the next week. I'm already feeling the tightness in my arms and legs just from that 10 mins alone, I guess I was a hell of a lot unfitter than I first thought. But defo gonna keep at it.

Ah, never knew he had that out. Will have to look at it and give that a go! Cheers for info!

Has any of the fine members of RTG done this workout programme? seen it advertised on the television box one morning and figured I might give it a go.

My worry is being an overweight kernt with zero motivation that this will kill me.

Tried to post links but for some reason the thread is not accepting them.

Loads on here mate, I loved it as a cardio junkie but it wasn't body transforming I just got fit as fuck.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/insanity-workout.713584/

Aye this is the one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1393510.htm

"This workout packs a 45 minute Insanity workout into 20 crazy minutes"

And I'm nearly deed after 10 mins. lol

Downloaded that one last night for a go, fucks you like! Even the blokes/lasses on it are goosed and even whatshisface doesn't do half of it!! :lol:

Seemed to fly over as well, but not sure I got as good a workout as I would with T25 or a proper insanity. Felt fucked, but more cardio than owt else??

Downloaded that one last night for a go, fucks you like! Even the blokes/lasses on it are goosed and even whatshisface doesn't do half of it!! :lol:

Seemed to fly over as well, but not sure I got as good a workout as I would with T25 or a proper insanity. Felt fucked, but more cardio than owt else??

Haha it is good mind, problem is I keep looking at the clock watching the seconds tick away. Managed to get to about 15 mins again last night. Having a rest tonight cos I'm garn out but I'll be back on it again over the weekend. Me joints are proper aching today tho, I think my body is gonna need the break. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back