India vs England First Test

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems that the brilliant Cook and the very capable Prior might get us a lead and take the game into the final day. That would be a very reasonable achievement after the first innings debacle.

Good fight back we need the bowlers to chip in too though. Just as well Bell is going home he would be 1st in the list to be dropped averages 28 for this year and has been poor

Excellent day overall from England today. If we can survive until after lunch tomorrow at the very least and get a lead of 150+ we'll have done brilliantly. Even though that would technically make the game winnable for us, I'd be happy just to see these 2 bat the day tomorrow. It would be a massive kick in the teeth for the Indians and a big confidence boost for our batsmen ahead of the second test.

Excellent day overall from England today. If we can survive until after lunch tomorrow at the very least and get a lead of 150+ we'll have done brilliantly. Even though that would technically make the game winnable for us, I'd be happy just to see these 2 bat the day tomorrow. It would be a massive kick in the teeth for the Indians and a big confidence boost for our batsmen ahead of the second test.

Spot on.

If England's fielding had been up to scratch ie 4 missed catches especially dropping Pujara (went on to score 200+) Then we could have been going into final day with a very decent lead

Just finished watching the days play (couldnt be arsed to get up so avoided the score and watched it back).

Sensational application from Cook, who along with Prior, showed thats its still a very good pitch to bat on. (which isnt a good sign for things to come).

Pietersen was absolutely useless. Looked very uncomfortable and got out in a very poor way.

Still expecting us to be skittled with a lead of under 100 tomorrow but at least we have given ourselves a sniff.

Also, this test has highlighted how stupid it is not to have DRS. Been some poor decisions made in this test match that the system would have sorted out with ease.

Did I hear that right? Gambhir can't bat cos his grandmother has just died?

Not sure. He has flown to Delhi. The last I heard was his return all depended upon how todays play went.

DRS cost India a couple of wickets today.

But they also got rid of Patel (twice) when he wasn't out.

Last edited:
That's not exactly a game changing moment though ;)

TBH anything that makes the Indians wish they had allowed the use of DRS is a good thing in my book.

Im no fan of Patel but I keep hearing he is a good player of spin.....

Its a disgrace the way they can opt out anyway. They should be made to use it.

Just finished watching the days play (couldnt be arsed to get up so avoided the score and watched it back).

Sensational application from Cook, who along with Prior, showed thats its still a very good pitch to bat on. (which isnt a good sign for things to come).

Pietersen was absolutely useless. Looked very uncomfortable and got out in a very poor way.

Still expecting us to be skittled with a lead of under 100 tomorrow but at least we have given ourselves a sniff.

Also, this test has highlighted how stupid it is not to have DRS. Been some poor decisions made in this test match that the system would have sorted out with ease.

Not sure. He has flown to Delhi. The last I heard was his return all depended upon how todays play went.

But they also got rid of Patel (twice) when he wasn't out.

Don't get me wrong I was not suggesting that it made a big difference to the day its swings and roundabouts.,

This a 3 game ban should be in order the way he's gone on. IMO there seems to be getting less respect for umpires

Well the Indian lot seem to make up their own rules. No DRS, intimidate the umpires at every opportunity etc. They appear to be untouchable and simply do as they please.

In fact, tests which use DRS seem to be the test matches where pretty much no debate with the umpires goes on. Yet another reason for it to be used at ALL test matches.

Last edited:
Well the Indian lot seem to make up their own rules. No DRS, intimidate the umpires at every opportunity etc. They appear to be untouchable and simply do as they please.

In fact, tests which use DRS seem to be the test matches where pretty much no debate with the umpires goes on. Yet another reason for it to be used at ALL test matches.

Really pisses me off the way the BCCI do this, acting like they run test cricket and then spitting their dummy out when it doesn't work out for them. No doubt they'll have a word to make sure Aleem Dar doesn't umpire any of the remaining tests this series, probably get their way again as usual :roll:

Really pisses me off the way the BCCI do this, acting like they run test cricket and then spitting their dummy out when it doesn't work out for them. No doubt they'll have a word to make sure Aleem Dar doesn't umpire any of the remaining tests this series, probably get their way again as usual :roll:

I didn't want to do it anyway.

First day off in over a week tomorrow, given the standard of the first 3 days; I wasn't expecting to be getting up at 4am on it... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back