India vs England First Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is England in the bad old days - toothless in the field, pathetic when batting. This will be wrapped up by lunchtime tomorrow

Let's hope Bell's missus gets pregnant more often and he misses a few more tests

Just caught up. Pathetic batting from the top 6, there's nothing too dangerous about this pitch to get out for under 200.

Even the bairn knew what would happen in the first 3 days when the teams were announced and the toss was lost. How predictable a situation is this?

We've had a great start to the second innings but I'm highly sceptical about our chances of batting it out tomorrow. The odds must surely be on a batting collapse somewhere and we lose by an innings?

Panesar should have played instead of Bresnan. As soon as you saw the Indian side packed with spinners you knew what the craic was.

If Cook and Compton can settle again quickly, we're in with a shout of at least making them bat again, but if we're going to save this game, I reckon we need at least 3 players to go very long and be well backed up by the rest. Any sort of collapse and we're done for.

If Cook and Compton can settle again quickly, we're in with a shout of at least making them bat again, but if we're going to save this game, I reckon we need at least 3 players to go very long and be well backed up by the rest. Any sort of collapse and we're done for.

This is nailed on I reckon. Get one and we'll collapse like a pack of cards, especially on a wareing pitch.

Cook looked absolutely plumb there! Serves the Indians right :lol:

I'm surprised Dar got that so wrong, he's normally very good.

Game is well beyond us now despite the excellent opening stand second time round. Once they break this stand I expect another collapse. The worrying thing is this isnt even a particularly good Indian side (although they are always tough to play against on home soil).

Get sami f***ing patel a million miles away from a f***ing test side man, how do you expect to win games with that hopeless fucket in your side?

Got to feel for cook, the only really consistent world class performer we have. As for pietersen, :lol::lol::oops:

Get sami f***ing patel a million miles away from a f***ing test side man, how do you expect to win games with that hopeless fucket in your side?

Got to feel for cook, the only really consistent world class performer we have. As for pietersen, :lol::lol::oops:

They keep on picking bits and pieces cricketers like Bresnan and Patel because they can "bat a bit". This reminds me of watching England when I was a kid.

bell, patel, bresnan, broad....out
bairstow, morgan, finn/meaker, panesar...in

cook
compton
trott
pietersen
bairstow
morgan
prior
swann
anderson
finn/meaker