India vs England First Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

England are getting a tad predictable in the sense of they lose wickets very early in a days play after batting well the day before.

Encouraging second innings there though, if we can have the confidence to bat like that from the start in the 2nd test, we've got a much better chance. It would also help if we brought in Panesar and Finn for Patel and Bresnan.

Encouraging second innings there though, if we can have the confidence to bat like that from the start in the 2nd test, we've got a much better chance. It would also help if we brought in Panesar and Finn for Patel and Bresnan.

There's no way they'll have 3 number 11s in the team.

You're probably right but with Prior, Broad and Swann at 6, 7 and 8 our batting should be strong enough to accommodate Finn, Panesar and Anderson.

They'll probably not go for anything so radical though so I expect Panesar for Bresnan and Bairstow or Morgan for Bell will be the only changes.

Patel will probably get another chance but if he fails again I suspect they may replace him with a batter (Morgan or Bairstow) and use Trott and KP to supplement the 4 mainline bowlers.

England continue to get the selections completely wrong. First up, you go to India, you pick two main spinners (So Panesar should definitely be back in). Also, they are still obsessed with picking bowlers on their batting merits. Rediculous. Pick bowlers who can get you 20 wickets because ultimately that is what you need to win test matches. (So Finn should be in the next test).

bringing KP back in worked well :roll:

Playing Bell worked well :roll:

Playing Patel worked well :roll:

Playing Brensan worked well :roll:

Both Willis and Butcher reckoned that would be the case mind.

with Prior, Broad and Swann at 6, 7 and 8 our batting should be strong enough to accommodate Finn, Panesar and Anderson.

Correct.

Looks like Broad has hoyed his toys out of the pram.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/20393408

Broad is a right petulant twat. Who is he to criticise Ian Botham? He's not the best pundit, but he's been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

Both Willis and Butcher reckoned that would be the case mind.

I'd like to see them in the team too, I just can't see them being picked with England's current obsession to pick bowlers who can "bat a bit", despite proving time and time again they can't be relied on when needed.

Broad is a right petulant twat. Who is he to criticise Ian Botham? He's not the best pundit, but he's been there, done that and got the t-shirt.

They were talking about it earlier. Broad has since said people wrongly presumed he was talking about Botham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back