Stokes
Foakes wk
Woakes
Bess
Broad
Leach

3seamers
3 spinners...and batting strengthened.
The only quick who should definitely play is Jimmy. I’d honestly not bother with another and just play the extra batsman, Stokes can bowl if required but It’ll just be spin from ball 1

Gotta laugh at some of the posts.on here mind.

Saying if we.prepared pitches over jere to suit our bowlers wed comfortably beat india. Yet when they do it its a disgrace to test cricket 🤷‍♂️
A test match finished inside two days is an insult to test match cricket. That pitch was an utter disgrace. 10 overs of seam in the whole match by India? Terrible
in Australia did the Indians, in any test match, only bowl 10 overs of seam?

could kohli answer that and why?

Last edited:
Sibley
Crawley
Pope
Root
Stokes
Bairstow
Foakes
Bess
Leach
Archer/Stone
Anderson

For me.
I think this maybe spot on. I’d even be tempted to not play anderson as the pitch looks identical to last weeks shit heap

just let Jimmy come home and get himself ready for the summer

I think this maybe spot on. I’d even be tempted to not play anderson as the pitch looks identical to last weeks shit heap

just let Jimmy come home and get himself ready for the summer
Hmm, not sure who you’d replace him with?

I think his control will be important and with Jimmy there is always the potential for a game changing spell like in the first Test.

I’m sure he’ll want to play, got 3 months to rest up before New Zealand.

Hmm, not sure who you’d replace him with?

I think his control will be important and with Jimmy there is always the potential for a game changing spell like in the first Test.

I’m sure he’ll want to play, got 3 months to rest up before New Zealand.
The two you had as either or. If this is another short test, he may bowl five overs at best and the ball is with leach, root and Bess

The two you had as either or. If this is another short test, he may bowl five overs at best and the ball is with leach, root and Bess
Would be a bold move. Firepower yes potentially but could also go for runs quickly if they don’t get it right. If like you say it’s only five overs (it’ll be more) then it’s not a heavy workload for him, none of them offer any more with the bat than the others, so all things considered it would be Jimmy for me.

Last edited:
Would be a bold move. Firepower yes potentially but could also go for runs quickly if they don’t get it right. If like you say it’s only five overs then it’s not a heavy workload for him, none of them offer any more with the bat than the others, so all things considered it would be Jimmy for me.
He is likely to play, it’s just me thinking it’s all a bit futile. I can’t wait to see the Indian side with bumrah already ruled out. Ishant bowled five over in the last test. They will probably bring another spinner in like Yadav

He is likely to play, it’s just me thinking it’s all a bit futile. I can’t wait to see the Indian side with bumrah already ruled out. Ishant bowled five over in the last test. They will probably bring another spinner in like Yadav
India likely to bring in both Yadavs apparently. 2 seamers & 3 spinners.

Part of me thinks they might have a trick up their sleeves somewhere, sly fuckers.

The optimist in me says we’re still in with a chance but we’re going to need to play out of our skins and them to be below par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back