India v England series

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just had a look and they've not even confirmed how we can watch this series yet.

Hope they sort that soon.

Last edited:

Could well be radio only! Unless you’ve got a dodgy box

Its meant to be Disney, will be signing up like.

Is this the official thread? Was gonna start a new one.

Right, as it stands, with the players available, what is our first XI?

For me we have 3 discussions

Will it spin as much in Chennai, if not, do we drop a spinner and play Broad and Anderson, who were immaculate and almost bowled like spinners, bowling dry.

Secondly, is Pope fit? If not, then Lawrence plays, which is a big ask for him so early in his career IMO. But if Pope is fit, do we play both, and drop one of the openers? Burns comes back in for me, so is Crawley or Sibley vulnerable?

I really hope we dont stick someone like Woakes or Ali at 7 and try and get 6 bowlers in the side, I dont think you need 6 bowlers, and we have gone away from that recently, and Silverwood has done well, mainly from 6 out n out batsman.

The problem is I guess is that we are looking at a long tail here if Bess doesn't play?

Burns
Sibley
Crawley/Lawrence
Root
Stokes
Pope/Lawrence
Buttler
Archer
Leach
Broad/Bess
Anderson/Bess

What do people reckon? this is just for the first test. For me Bairstow and Wood both get in that side.

Its meant to be Disney, will be signing up like.

Is this the official thread? Was gonna start a new one.

Right, as it stands, with the players available, what is our first XI?

For me we have 3 discussions

Will it spin as much in Chennai, if not, do we drop a spinner and play Broad and Anderson, who were immaculate and almost bowled like spinners, bowling dry.

Secondly, is Pope fit? If not, then Lawrence plays, which is a big ask for him so early in his career IMO. But if Pope is fit, do we play both, and drop one of the openers? Burns comes back in for me, so is Crawley or Sibley vulnerable?

I really hope we dont stick someone like Woakes or Ali at 7 and try and get 6 bowlers in the side, I dont think you need 6 bowlers, and we have gone away from that recently, and Silverwood has done well, mainly from 6 out n out batsman.

The problem is I guess is that we are looking at a long tail here if Bess doesn't play?

Burns
Sibley
Crawley/Lawrence
Root
Stokes
Pope/Lawrence
Buttler
Archer
Leach
Broad/Bess
Anderson/Bess

What do people reckon? this is just for the first test. For me Bairstow and Wood both get in that side.
The link @Liverpool Beachball posted suggests not so I’d hang fire, unless you’re a fan of cartoon mice and dogs and cheesy kids’ films in which case go ahead ;)

I’d stick with Crawley and Lawrence until Bairstow returns anyway. And despite my reservations about them you’d have to pick two spinners in Chennai. The Ahmedabad pitches will be interesting. Someone on Sky, can’t remember who, said it’s state of the art and they can use different soils depending what they want the pitch to do

The link @Liverpool Beachball posted suggests not so I’d hang fire, unless you’re a fan of cartoon mice and dogs and cheesy kids’ films in which case go ahead ;)

I’d stick with Crawley and Lawrence until Bairstow returns anyway. And despite my reservations about them you’d have to pick two spinners in Chennai. The Ahmedabad pitches will be interesting. Someone on Sky, can’t remember who, said it’s state of the art and they can use different soils depending what they want the pitch to do

yeah if Stokes is fit and bowling Maybe could be the case, broad and jimmy were so good like it’s difficult. Root n silverwood almost valuing Control over everything at minute and it’s working

if Pope is declared fit you just playing him over Lawrence?

yeah if Stokes is fit and bowling Maybe could be the case, broad and jimmy were so good like it’s difficult. Root n silverwood almost valuing Control over everything at minute and it’s working

if Pope is declared fit you just playing him over Lawrence?
Not sure tbh I’d be tempted to keep Lawrence in for now. There’s not much between them currently although I think Pope has a longer England career ahead

Sibley
Burns
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Ali
Archer
Broad
Leach

Harsh on Bess

I don’t see how Ali can play

He’s had no red ball cricket
Just listened to silver wood

Didn’t like his spiky answer on resting players for the IPL from a test series

It’s really really poor

However sounds like Pope is fit to start and likely to play

So Lawrence or Crawley for 3, 99% likely to be Crawley

Last edited:
Harsh on Bess

I don’t see how Ali can play

He’s had no red ball cricket
Just listened to silver wood

Didn’t like his spiky answer on resting players for the IPL from a test series

It’s really really poor

However sounds like Pope is fit to start and likely to play

So Lawrence or Crawley for 3, 99% likely to be Crawley
Think we just need to settle on whether Ali has a future or not from this tour moving forward, wont get that answer by him not playing and Bess will get plenty of opportunities this year if Ali is finished

Reading journos on twitter they’re trying to spin this resting thing

I Just can’t defend missing a marquee test series but playing 2 IPLs in 6 months

I just think it’s not on.

Sounds like it could be

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Pope
Buttler
Ali/Bess
Archer
Broad/Anderson