India v England - 4th Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Striker
I'm excited already! Starts on Thursday at 4am.
Expect England to be unchanged, while India have dropped Khan and the Singhs - Yuvraj and Harbhajan.

The plan is to win the toss, bat first, score 620 all out over two and a bit days with centuries for Cook, KP and Bell. Then see what the Indians can muster in search for a victory!

Wonder what sort of pitch they'll prepare this time.

Has to be a spinning pitch. They have to back their spin bowlers to out bowl ours otherwise its a lost series.

A 3-1 loss would be better for Indian Test cricket long term IMO as a drawn series would paper over some serious cracks.

If they prepare a docile flat track I would only assume its an attempt to give Sachin a last opportunity to get a ton before he bows / pushed out. There is no other reason to do so

If he is, hopefully it's for Patel.

Offers little with bat or ball, move Prior to 6.

Bringing in Broad for Patel would weaken the batting, although not by very much. Dropping Patel for Bairstow would be a better way to strengthen the batting.

I can't see the point in changing the bowling line-up as they all seemed to do well in the last test so I reckon it will be an unchanged side.

The Indians' heads are down so I reckon we will end up as 3-1 series winners.

Broad back in would be a terrible decision IMO. He is completely ineffective on the subcontinent. He is a steady bowler but over there you need to be able to do something really well to cause problems, Finn with his pace and Anderson with the swing/reverse.

I would keep the same side. Patel would come in handy as the 5th bowler if the Indian batters actually turn up. If we do insist on a change though I would back the 4 bowlers and go with Bairstow to replace him.

Bairstow for Patel IMO. Broad shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Has bowled like shite and if they want to bolster the batting then bring in a BATSMAN.

Bairstow for Patel agreed.

Because once this test is played - Samit wont be seen again until Winter 2014 in the test team. (The next test in Asia I think)

Bairstow for Patel IMO. Broad shouldn't be anywhere near the team. Has bowled like shite and if they want to bolster the batting then bring in a BATSMAN.

Disagree leave the same team he batted well in the last test and was abit unlucky. He's hardly bowled but hasn't needed to and is still a better option than KP or trott as the 5th bowler

I'm excited already! Starts on Thursday at 4am.
Expect England to be unchanged, while India have dropped Khan and the Singhs - Yuvraj and Harbhajan.

The plan is to win the toss, bat first, score 620 all out over two and a bit days with centuries for Cook, KP and Bell. Then see what the Indians can muster in search for a victory!

Can't wait myself either. We've come a long way since that shower of shite from the 1st test. Same team? I see no need to change.

Anyone else think that Cooky should just stick to either heads or tails on the toss? He's defying the laws of probability at the moment by losing them.

No changes please. Prepare for a game that doesn't last too long. India favourites in my view.

Unchanged and as follows:

England 190 all out
India 432 all out
England 660-1 dec (Cook 300*, Compton 100, Trott 200*)
India 223 all out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back