India v England - 3rd Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's not shit at all.

Out of form - badly.

It happens, he will come back soon enough.

Which is exactly why he has to be dropped for these final 2 games of this tour. When he was dropped from the hit and giggle side last summer, he went back to Notts, took a few wickets and was lethal when we whitewashed the Indians. Since he can't go and play county cricket, if he has a couple of tests off to get his head right in training, he can get some more match practice in the pyjama games (I assume there's a never ending series of them after the tests) when the result isn't important ready to be back to his best against New Zealand and Australia.

That also gives Finn a great chance on pitches he's often done well on in the past.

Which is exactly why he has to be dropped for these final 2 games of this tour. When he was dropped from the hit and giggle side last summer, he went back to Notts, took a few wickets and was lethal when we whitewashed the Indians. Since he can't go and play county cricket, if he has a couple of tests off to get his head right in training, he can get some more match practice in the pyjama games (I assume there's a never ending series of them after the tests) when the result isn't important ready to be back to his best against New Zealand and Australia.

That also gives Finn a great chance on pitches he's often done well on in the past.

Aye man, but does Finn have a charity named after him? Or did his Dad play cricket for England?

I hope I'm wrong; but he appears to be undroppable.

Do we really want a tail of:

8.Swann
9.Anderson
10.Finn
11.Panesar?

Might as well bring back Giddins, Mullaly and Suchs

Broad has looked like he doesn't know how to hold a bat all year, so I can't see it making much difference. And hopefully with Bell in instead of Patel we've got 7 proper batsmen in the team so the tail won't be needed.

Lost the toss again and we're bowling first again.

Bell for Bairstow
Finn for Broad

Sharma in for Harbhajan

Any links gents? Normally use firstrow for footie but nothing on there for the cricket...

Edit : Its cool Ive found it.

Last edited:
this made me smile this morning :-D

Monty is hysterical, unveiling a brilliant new celebration dance that is part Gangnam, part New York rap scene, but mainly Luton.

Thanks to a completely broken body clock and insomnia I've seen most of the play so far and we're definitely on top.

Other than the odd ball keeping low, or a very rare bit of spin, there's nothing in this pitch at all. Monty has bowled very well again, as has Anderson. Finn going at nearly 4 an over is harsh on how he has bowled too.

And the Sehwag run out was hilarious :lol:

We should have just packed our side with spinners. Swann & Monty in already and brought in Borthwick & Briggs.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back