India Series on FTA?

Can't believe Sky are fannying about, it will be a great series !

I think it’s simply that they don’t want to be held to ransom. The Indian broadcaster(s) and cricket authorities have form for this. I remember as far back as 2012 there being issues for Sky and the BBC along with several British journalists.

Whilst I won’t shed a tear over Sky being overcharged for something, two wrongs do not make a right.

I think it’s simply that they don’t want to be held to ransom. The Indian broadcaster(s) and cricket authorities have form for this. I remember as far back as 2012 there being issues for Sky and the BBC along with several British journalists.

Whilst I won’t shed a tear over Sky being overcharged for something, two wrongs do not make a right.
Would hate BT to get it, was looking forward to watching it. Can't see Ch4 going for live coverage if it costs a fortune

Disney have the exclusive rights to Indian cricket under their hotstar sports.

They sell to Sky/BT that's the hold up if there is one. Not the BCCI

Disney have the exclusive rights to Indian cricket under their hotstar sports.

They sell to Sky/BT that's the hold up if there is one. Not the BCCI

I never suggested the BCCI were involved this time, they have however in the past played silly buggers with various media outlets and journalists...... Doesn’t tend to happen anywhere else.

On a slightly different story the ECB have given sky the TV rights to the New Zealand series in the summer free.
Let's hope sky are also as benevolent to the English cricket followers and make it free to watch as well.

On a slightly different story the ECB have given sky the TV rights to the New Zealand series in the summer free.
Let's hope sky are also as benevolent to the English cricket followers and make it free to watch as well.

Wouldn’t surprise me if there’s a kickback in there that a certain amount has to be non-paywall (on Pick or the Sky Cricket YouTube).

I'm hoping that this would mean Sky Sports have more money to play with in their cricket budget and put in a last minute bid for the India series.

I'm hoping that this would mean Sky Sports have more money to play with in their cricket budget and put in a last minute bid for the India series.

Sky have just published this lengthy preview piece, maybe an indicator

Sky have just published this lengthy preview piece, maybe an indicator

I mean they did that during the Ashes that were on BT Sport.

Still a news organisation end of the day. They have got better at being less petty in their coverage of content they used to have.

Back