India 🇮🇳 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st Test Hyderabad

If we make it 2-0 they might shift the last test from Dharamshala. Can see Jimmy and Ollie Robinson will have a field day up in the mountains.

Was there much in it for the seamers when the Aussies played their previously? Going off the scorecard most wickets went to spin

Result
Australia vs India, 4th Test
Australia tour of India

AUS 300 & 137
IND 332 & 106/2
India won by 8 wickets

Click here to view more @espncricinfo :IND vs AUS, IND v AUS 2016/17, 4th Test at Dharamsala, March 25 - 28, 2017 - Full Scorecard

IND vs AUS, IND v AUS 2016/17, 4th Test at Dharamsala, March 25 - 28, 2017 - Full Scorecard

Was there much in it for the seamers when the Aussies played their previously? Going off the scorecard most wickets went to spin

Result
Australia vs India, 4th Test
Australia tour of India

AUS 300 & 137
IND 332 & 106/2
India won by 8 wickets

Click here to view more @espncricinfo :IND vs AUS, IND v AUS 2016/17, 4th Test at Dharamsala, March 25 - 28, 2017 - Full Scorecard

IND vs AUS, IND v AUS 2016/17, 4th Test at Dharamsala, March 25 - 28, 2017 - Full Scorecard

Dunno what the weather was like then but it was very changeable when I was there, as you'd probably expect a mile up. The pitch has had a lot of problems too which were allegedly fixed for the WC, but the outfield still looked poor tbh.

Sri Lanka played them in an ODI there a few years ago, skittled them out for about 100. Bowled first and their seamers had them summat like 30/7 at one stage.

Pretty big news, trying my hardest not to get too excited about a series win just yet :lol:
We had good first test matches both of the last series and then it went horrendous aftewards.

All the above does is gives someone else a chance to shine instead. So no getting giddy at them losing players via injury.

India got their side balance wrong. Think this means they will have better balance for next test.

They played 4 batsman,2 keepers, 3 bowling all rounders(even if they can all bat well) and 2 out and out bowlers.

Of the 4 batsman India fans have question marks over Gill and Iyer as test batsman, with Jaiswal pretty new. Kohli will come back to replace one of them for the third test.

Most would have had Rahul take the gloves instead of Bharat and played an extra batsman.

If they strengthen and pick a top 6 of pure batsman they may be more solid.

Last edited:
Dunno what the weather was like then but it was very changeable when I was there, as you'd probably expect a mile up. The pitch has had a lot of problems too which were allegedly fixed for the WC, but the outfield still looked poor tbh.

Sri Lanka played them in an ODI there a few years ago, skittled them out for about 100. Bowled first and their seamers had them summat like 30/7 at one stage.
It's going to be a maximum daily high of about 4 degrees and minimum of -1 in Dharamshala. For a week starting Wednesday or so. This is just over four weeks before the Test starts.

I've been looking at yearly averages for the time of the test, early March and the average daily high hovers around 15 or 17 degrees. Probably similar to CLS at the start of the season.

God knows the temperature at start time of 9.30 a.m. Could be wet pitches, or fog or rain.
In other words, not ideal conditions for cricket.

Just come in, after reading this thread, I see that Rahul is out as well as Jadega (best player in the world according to Gavaskar) as well as Kohli.
As previously mentioned, what a fantastic opportunity to win.
Even if we draw, the series would be alive until the 5 th Test.*
What a turnaround.

*Unless we go 3-0 up in Rajkot.

India will prepare raging bunsens for the remainder of the series.

They did the same last time and we were rolled over.

A lot of the pre-series talk from the pundits (BBC, Sky, Talkshite, etc) was seeming to suggest that would be the worst thing they could do because they’re the better side with better batsmen and spinners suited to Indian conditions - a pitch like that brings our inexperienced spinners into it more, it creates a lottery.

Granted a lot of the above was proven wrong in Test one, but I did see a stat that went something along the lines of ‘India have won every Test in the last 40 odd when the degree of spin is less than 3.5 (or summit) and when it’s been over that margin is when they’ve lost games. I’m paraphrasing because I can’t remember the exact stats and/or statement but it seems like the stats and the anecdotal evidence suggest India would be better off preparing roads.

It will still take an immense effort for our batsmen to be able to outperform theirs all series when our lads have to face Ashwin and Patel whilst theirs are facing Hartley, Root, Leach, Ahmed and Bashir. Granted they’ve had the better hand through one game, but it’s a long series.
Won't do them much good considering England prepared on bunsens in the UAE

Since more has come out about England’s ‘preparation’ it increasingly looks like the critics were completely wrong (AGAIN) and they’ve actually had perfect preparation for this Series.

Last edited:
A lot of the pre-series talk from the pundits (BBC, Sky, Talkshite, etc) was seeming to suggest that would be the worst thing they could do because they’re the better side with better batsmen and spinners suited to Indian conditions - a pitch like that brings our inexperienced spinners into it more, it creates a lottery.

Granted a lot of the above was proven wrong in Test one, but I did see a stat that went something along the lines of ‘India have won every Test in the last 40 odd when the degree of spin is less than 3.5 (or summit) and when it’s been over that margin is when they’ve lost games. I’m paraphrasing because I can’t remember the exact stats and/or statement but it seems like the stats and the anecdotal evidence suggest India would be better off preparing roads.

It will still take an immense effort for our batsmen to be able to outperform theirs all series when our lads have to face Ashwin and Patel whilst theirs are facing Hartley, Root, Leach, Ahmed and Bashir. Granted they’ve had the better hand through one game, but it’s a long series.

Since more has come out about England’s ‘preparation’ it increasingly looks like the critics were completely wrong (AGAIN) and they’ve actually had perfect preparation for this Series.
I've often wondered since we started getting that "Stat"..I mean can it spin "Too much" to be effective?..presume it depends on the speed of the delivery and where it pitches etc, Hedley Verity or Wilfred Rhodes simply said
"If the Batsman "thinks" its spinning, then its spinning"..
, a lot of it is mind games I suppose
With the players they have missing...Its a good chance to maybe win a series over there for the first time in a decade

I've often wondered since we started getting that "Stat"..I mean can it spin "Too much" to be effective?..presume it depends on the speed of the delivery and where it pitches etc, Hedley Verity or Wilfred Rhodes simply said
With the players they have missing...Its a good chance to maybe win a series over there for the first time in a decade

There's a lot of mind psychology with the slope when you're batting at Lords.

The ball is landing on a spot probably no bigger than a 5p coin so it's not really gonna make much (if any) difference to the trajectory after it hits the deck imho.

Yeah, some good points to consider. Speed of the spin and whether there is bounce (or not) is more important I would say than there simply being turn.

I think the general point though is that the more extreme the factors, whatever they are, the more unpredictable and dare I say ‘even’ a contest has the potential to become.

I still say that India are better than we are in terms of lineup, certainly at home anyway, so it would make more sense to have five pitches that are roads than to introduce any level of unpredictability.

Back