India 🇮🇳 v England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 1st Test Hyderabad

Lads and lasses

I’ve been away a while and during that been involved in a car crash which ended with my car being written off

No serious injuries involved and it was someone going into the back of me at fault

Also a family bereavement has happened and also I had the Australian branch over for 6 weeks , which obviously took my attention full time

I have been reading only during this time

I thank you all for the kind words which have been posted since I posted today

Let’s hope this series turns out well and safc can reach the play offs

Lads and lasses

I’ve been away a while and during that been involved in a car crash which ended with my car being written off

No serious injuries involved and it was someone going into the back of me at fault

Also a family bereavement has happened and also I had the Australian branch over for 6 weeks , which obviously took my attention full time

Good to see you back marra

Was it one of the grounds where you’re ‘locked’ in one stand? As a city it looks tremendous in terms of VFM hotels. You could get a shared room in a lush hotel with a pool for 70 a night when I looked.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the tour mate!
Cheers, looking forward to the other ones a bit more now, after this. Whatever happens, we know that they are beatable.

I just stayed in the same end, high up, behind the wicket.You weren't supposed to move, but people just chanced it to get in other parts of the ground if they wanted. Tickets shown at the outer gate, searched, scanned, body searched, then shown at the security at the bottom of the stairs. Then shown again as you enter the terracing. Only checked at the top first thing though.
Was told this morning on the street that I was supposed to turn off my mobile. I just ignored him, five metres later, his mate said the same thing. I just said "You're being ridiculous" and walked in. Met someone whose friend smuggled in vapes under her feet, wearing sandals. Someone else who had to leave his binoculars behind found himself sitting next to someone watching the match through binoculars. The usual Indian chaos.

It's a green spacious, city with some nice historic buildings and a big man made lake as well. I've said before on here, that in my opinion, it's the most interesting by far of the Indian big cities.

Lads and lasses

Glad to have you back mate

Lads and lasses

Can only echo what else has been said, and good to see you on here again.

Lads and lasses

Welcome back

Lads and lasses

Nice to see ya back marra.

What a great day for Test cricket !
Both matches won by the touring sides against the odds , coming from poor positions ,to turn the tables on more fancied opponents
Conditions prepared to help both home sides being used by the opposition to beat them both .
Loved seeing a young fast bowler go through the Aussies and a young spinner routing the Indians .
Long may it continue !

Was in the cheap seats up in the Gods behind the wicket. Noisy as ever, but always a great atmosphere. Still stunned by it all.
Can just echo what Jack said, congratulations and shaking hands.
I'm not on any online cricket forum, apart from this one, so have never read any of the shithousery or vitriol.
Can only repeat what I've always said that Indian fans in India are always noisy and welcoming, and want to talk to you.
Often the same with football too imo. The biggest keyboard warrior gobshites never go. The ones who do go to matches tend to be people you can have a pretty good laugh with most of the time.

Well done Foakesie on his stumpings anarl. Averaging one every three tests to YJB's one in seven.
🤐🤐🤐
Lads and lasses

Glad to see you back mate. Missed you like Bairstow misses a straight one

Last edited:

Back