Imran Tahir - Bookmark this thread

essex boy

Striker
absolute class leg spinner who is now playing for South Africa. will rocket up the bowling rankings when he starts playing test cricket

is as good as Kumble although not quite Warnes level but not far off

I saw him get a hat trick last season!

its what test cricket needs, some quality bowlers to replace the vast numbers that have left the game over the last 5 years or so

this isnt a dig at Swann or Jimmy but the general dearth accross all nations

test cricket should be the pinnacle of a players career

its what test cricket needs, some quality bowlers to replace the vast numbers that have left the game over the last 5 years or so

this isnt a dig at Swann or Jimmy but the general dearth accross all nations

test cricket should be the pinnacle of a players career

I havent got a clue about Tahir. What makes you think he is going to be one of the best bowlers in the world?

I havent got a clue about Tahir. What makes you think he is going to be one of the best bowlers in the world?

been the best spinner in county cricket for the last few years, on unhelpful tracks in the main

obviously I cant back this up as he has never played intl cricket, more of a case of watch him and then come back to this thread

been the best spinner in county cricket for the last few years, on unhelpful tracks in the main

obviously I cant back this up as he has never played intl cricket, more of a case of watch him and then come back to this thread

He does have a good domestic record but so does Adil Rashid, would you share the same optimism about him at the top level?

absolute class leg spinner who is now playing for South Africa. will rocket up the bowling rankings when he starts playing test cricket

Now I know you're taking the piss, journeyman rent-a-spinner. Might get a few games before he retires, might even take a few wickets, but will never be number one in the world. Which, as we all know, is the ONLY criteria.

He does have a good domestic record but so does Adil Rashid, would you share the same optimism about him at the top level?

as I said, come back to this thread in a year or so

Now I know you're taking the piss, journeyman rent-a-spinner. Might get a few games before he retires, might even take a few wickets, but will never be number one in the world. Which, as we all know, is the ONLY criteria.

thats your opinion, come back to this thread in a year or so

No spinner who will play the majority of his test cricket will become one of the best bowlers in the world.

Last edited:
thats your opinion, come back to this thread in a year or so

It is, coupled with the fact that he's been kicking round for years without really pulling up any trees, keeps moving clubs without any real explaination and is well into his 30's.

He's only got a couple of years left in him and by your own criteria, that's not enough time to judge anyone. ;)

It is, coupled with the fact that he's been kicking round for years without really pulling up any trees, keeps moving clubs without any real explaination and is well into his 30's.

He's only got a couple of years left in him and by your own criteria, that's not enough time to judge anyone. ;)

nee offence he has had 3 counties as has Hussey, Di Venuto, Kathich, Hayden amongst many other overseas players :lol:

I believe he is 30 same age Swann was when he came back into the side

nee offence he has had 3 counties as has Hussey, Di Venuto, Kathich, Hayden amongst many other overseas players :lol:

I believe he is 30 same age Swann was when he came back into the side

Not just over here though, hence the reason why he's qualified for SA now. A quick google reveals he's 32 in March and been at ten clubs.

Let's see what he does over the next four years, as that is clearly the minimum period that a bowler can be judged.........

Not just over here though, hence the reason why he's qualified for SA now. A quick google reveals he's 32 in March and been at ten clubs.

Let's see what he does over the next four years, as that is clearly the minimum period that a bowler can be judged.........

thats a bit unfair to say he has had 10 clubs :lol:

started out in Pakistan, before moving to South Africa, whilst playing in England during their winter

56 wickets @ 24 last summer (57 wickets @ 31.29)
52 wickets @ 32.90 in 2009 (26 wickets @ 31.46)
44 wickets @ 16.68 in 2008 (Rashid 62 wickets @ 30.41)

In light of the fact Tahir wouldnt have been available for all the county games due to his South African commitments, he has outbowled Rashid quite comprehensively

thats a bit unfair to say he has had 10 clubs :lol:

started out in Pakistan, before moving to South Africa, whilst playing in England during their winter

56 wickets @ 24 last summer (57 wickets @ 31.29)
52 wickets @ 32.90 in 2009 (26 wickets @ 31.46)
44 wickets @ 16.68 in 2008 (Rashid 62 wickets @ 30.41)

In light of the fact Tahir wouldnt have been available for all the county games due to his South African commitments, he has outbowled Rashid quite comprehensively

Decent county record, a bit like Ian Salisbury ;)

like for like comparisons difficult to make.

anyhows unlike some on here, ive stuck my neck on the block early not told you he is class 100 test wickets later

I've not seen much of him tbh. He has a very good county record but spinners his age taking test cricket by storm are few and far between. If you are right I'll gladly shake your hand, he must be better than Harris mind.

I've not seen much of him tbh. He has a very good county record but spinners his age taking test cricket by storm are few and far between. If you are right I'll gladly shake your hand, he must be better than Harris mind.

he has been trying to qualify for South Africa for 4 or 5 years...does anyone stand a chance in Pakistan cricket??

Back