improved smartphone glass twice as likely to survive drops

Nope, read an article about it a while back. Most people in consumer tests (or product testing whatever) were feeding back that plastic feels cheap, while the glass feels premium. We started buying glass backed phones and manufacturers switched to glass.

I've dropped my pixel loads of times (including off a balcony) screen is fine.
Off topic, but how do you like your Pixel? I've been looking into them and they look like nice phones - I do like the camera on them as well as some of the features, but I don't know anyone who actually has one.

First thing I do when purchasing a new phone is get a chunky, smash proof case for it. I’ve never had so much as a scratch on any of my iPhones. Why doesn’t everyone do that?
Because we don't all wear bum bags like you Min, we have nowhere to put a chunky case.

Off topic, but how do you like your Pixel? I've been looking into them and they look like nice phones - I do like the camera on them as well as some of the features, but I don't know anyone who actually has one.
I've got the original, she has the pixel 2. Really good phone.

Mine has a bit of screen burn (my fault) unfortunately otherwise I'd go sim only when the contract is up because I'd happily have another year out of it.

I've got the original, she has the pixel 2. Really good phone.

Mine has a bit of screen burn (my fault) unfortunately otherwise I'd go sim only when the contract is up because I'd happily have another year out of it.
Thanks for that... I'm giving purchasing one a serious thought so I appreciate the information...

To be fair even before this I've seen how its improving over time. I dropped my Samsung S4 on some pavement a few years ago, it shattered. I've dropped my Samsung S7 a couple of times in similar circumstances and it actually didn't crack the screen, only dented, scratched the metal casing.

My S7 was excellent. But my s8 fell off the bed and cracked the corner of the screen. It's got a cover on too. Samsung have used weaker glass in the s8 like, the twats.

To be fair even before this I've seen how its improving over time. I dropped my Samsung S4 on some pavement a few years ago, it shattered. I've dropped my Samsung S7 a couple of times in similar circumstances and it actually didn't crack the screen, only dented, scratched the metal casing.
I've dropped my s8 4 times. It cracked the first time and each drop added extra crazing to the front and back. A week after getting it, i discovered a really deep scratch on the screen despite it having a folding case on which covers it..

Its beyond f***ing wank,

I had a Sony before this and it looked great after 2 years despite being dropped more times than I care to remember. I wish I just got a new battery and kept it...

I've dropped my s8 4 times. It cracked the first time and each drop added extra crazing to the front and back. A week after getting it, i discovered a really deep scratch on the screen despite it having a folding case on which covers it..

Its beyond f***ing wank,

I had a Sony before this and it looked great after 2 years despite being dropped more times than I care to remember. I wish I just got a new battery and kept it...

Definitely not getting an S8 now like after this advice on here. Seems like they made it weaker.

Definitely not getting an S8 now like after this advice on here. Seems like they made it weaker.
It's the worst phone I've ever had by a mile. The first cracks and scratches happened with canny substantial cases on. Stay well clear.. Mine is still usable so I'll hang on until the cracks are too bad then I'll claim on the insurance. It's getting sold the second it comes back like and i'll buy a Sony or something.

Ok I forgot to put the case on for my holidays but the back cracked all over when it fell off the sunbed. It fell the length of John Holmes cock onto a patio and f***ing broke. That's how bad they are

Back