Impressive development in the East End

Disagree if it’s to be student accommodation, would be a sensible move.

I suspect using the term "students" in the application is to give it a veneer of respectability. You can't really control who the landlord rents it out to and I'd put a sizable wedge on that it will be rented out to smack rats like a lot of accommodation is around there.

I suspect using the term "students" in the application is to give it a veneer of respectability. You can't really control who the landlord rents it out to and I'd put a sizable wedge on that it will be rented out to smack rats like a lot of accommodation is around there.
Surprised you can't limit it to students like. Thought it would be a reasonable restriction.

Surprised you can't limit it to students like. Thought it would be a reasonable restriction.

I know of a private purpose built student accommodation block in Portsmouth that was struggling to be filled with students so they started taking in any old Tom, Dick or Harriet. £800 a month too.

I know of a private purpose built student accommodation block in Portsmouth that was struggling to be filled with students so they started taking in any old Tom, Dick or Harriet. £800 a month too.

Mentions the death of the HIgh Street, examples Bournemouth and Portsmouth, but also how its connected to the cash cow, that are students and subsequently student accomodation.

Last edited:
Students of what
There’s all sorts of riff raff raking about the town now
They can’t all be students unless deliveroo is now a course (a starter 😀😀)

Mentions the death of the HIgh Street, examples Bournemouth and Portsmouth, but also how its connected to the cash cow, that are students and subsequently student accomodation.

Pompey went on a massive drive to build student accommodation which led to a big oversupply. Meanwhile the waiting list for affordable social housing is about five years.

Pompey went on a massive drive to build student accommodation which led to a big oversupply. Meanwhile the waiting list for affordable social housing is about five years.

In the last 4/5 years Sunderland University have started five new medical related degrees including Nursing and Medicine hence the demand for student accommodation.

Ironically as far as I know the Sunderland University precinct is currently mothballed.

According to Future Sunderland plans are afoot to convert The grade 2 listed former Bridge pub(Lambton House) back into a pub

I regret never visiting because it closed after the landlord was murdered in 97/98

Logon or register to see this image

There's exciting plans for Sunniside.....

…and this time it's about rooting out the problem and building a vibrant community. Sunniside, Sunderland's old town is often mistaken for the street that is West Sunniside. However, this area is much larger than you might think, home to historic and beautiful buildings that were once the...
www.futuresunderland.com

According to Future Sunderland plans are afoot to convert The grade 2 listed former Bridge pub(Lambton House) back into a pub

I regret never visiting because it closed after the landlord was murdered in 97/98

There's exciting plans for Sunniside.....

…and this time it's about rooting out the problem and building a vibrant community. Sunniside, Sunderland's old town is often mistaken for the street that is West Sunniside. However, this area is much larger than you might think, home to historic and beautiful buildings that were once the...
www.futuresunderland.com

Think it's gonna be a brewery with attached tap house.

Back