I'm back to being 100% happy clapper

DJM

Striker
I know there are concerns about Lee Johnson being a smug twat and also concerns about his results - sometimes great, sometimes crap.
But I 100% wanted a management team that would invest in youth and develop our young players - it looks like we have got that.
I am old enough to support a winning team - 73 was a fantastic year.
In all my times following the lads, one of my favourite times was the Elliott-Arnott-Rowell era born from a disaster.
They did brilliantly even if they did fall short of what I hoped they would have achieved. Does not stop them being absolute Sunderland legends.

The smug twat comments remain my only reservation: but I will live with that if great footy is now coming back our way.

I know there are concerns about Lee Johnson being a smug twat and also concerns about his results - sometimes great, sometimes crap.
But I 100% wanted a management team that would invest in youth and develop our young players - it looks like we have got that.
In all my times following the lads, one of my favourite times was the Elliott-Arnott-Rowell era born from a disaster.
They did brilliantly even if they did fall short of what I hoped they would have achieved. Does not stop them being absolute Sunderland legends.

The smug twat comments remain my only reservation: but I will live with that if great footy is now coming back our way.
here here!!!!

I'm in to marra, wouldn't have been mg choice but I'm excited about the new set up and us having a long term plan.

Ha'way Sunlun let's get things right for a change!

I like your optimism but you seemed to have forgotten that Stewart Donald sold a whole generation of talent. Had they appointed Speakman when they came we may have been looking at the next Rowell/Arnott/Elliott but Donald pocketed a couple of million and shipped out 8 or 9 great prospects. Didnt want to piss on your chips but thats the reality.

I like your optimism but you seemed to have forgotten that Stewart Donald sold a whole generation of talent. Had they appointed Speakman when they came we may have been looking at the next Rowell/Arnott/Elliott but Donald pocketed a couple of million and shipped out 8 or 9 great prospects. Didnt want to piss on your chips but thats the reality.
Thats a good point like.

Johnson wouldn't be who I'd have chosen but I'm happier with him in charge rather than Parkinson. As @The Cabbage has said Speakman is the big appointment and clear shift in how the club want to work.

Encouraging
You've probably summed up my feelings on it. Aside from the youth stuff I think Johnson will be more attacking than Parkinson and won't defend 1 nil leads.

Back