I'm back to being 100% happy clapper

I like your optimism but you seemed to have forgotten that Stewart Donald sold a whole generation of talent. Had they appointed Speakman when they came we may have been looking at the next Rowell/Arnott/Elliott but Donald pocketed a couple of million and shipped out 8 or 9 great prospects. Didnt want to piss on your chips but thats the reality.
I agree that is the reality and I am not impressed with the damage they have done.
However I'm looking at the big picture. We now need to be recruiting and developing excellent young talent.

I agree that is the reality and I am not impressed with the damage they have done.
However I'm looking at the big picture. We now need to be recruiting and developing excellent young talent.
Agreed - its a big step in the right direction and I liked what I heard from Speakman.

Sorry was I not clear enough. I think you go on like a mag. You just whinge and whine. You never have anything positive to say. Support the team.
😂 I’ve been positive about the club for the last 30 odd years. Standard insult, call someone a mag! 🤦🏼‍♂️ I’m not wasting my time on you kidda!

Soon backed down there mind

To be fair, I've had to type really slowly to give you chance to understand.

OK, here goes

If I was to bet on a Sunderland promotion, the odds would not be particularly attractive. That's because the consensus says that it's still a real possibility (the bookies rate our chances higher than I do to be honest)

But you know better. You think that we'll be relegated for sure... because you believe the manager is a disaster before he was even 2 hours into the job. So given your certainty on such things, I'd say you're missing a trick if you don't pile on at 200/1.

Unless your earlier statement was perhaps a little of a over-reaction and quite deserving of being laughed at? Go on, admit it... we all have one of those days - I'll forgive you.

There's reason to be cheerful... Even though today was discouraging it can only get better, McGeady is back in from the cold and we're restructuring.... We're not a kick in the arse off the playoff position... Ktf

Johnson wouldn't be who I'd have chosen but I'm happier with him in charge rather than Parkinson. As @The Cabbage has said Speakman is the big appointment and clear shift in how the club want to work.

Encouraging
I can't get excited about Speakman like. Just a reshuffle with another neebody that was no longer wanted by a nothing club.

I was a happy clapper but this season has turned me into a bedwetter, the damage done by the Oxford chuckle brothers is going to take a long time to repair, if they were on fire and I had a glass of water I'd glass the pair of pricks

I was a happy clapper but this season has turned me into a bedwetter, the damage done by the Oxford chuckle brothers is going to take a long time to repair, if they were on fire and I had a glass of water I'd glass the pair of pricks
So you remained a happy clapper during 2succesive releagtions and 2 seasons in the third tier?

Cool.

Back