"I'm an Englishman"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do you think they do though, really? Most of the pre-packed salads that people chuck in their shopping trolley at the supermarket without inking - who do you think picks them?

Do you think it is native English/British workers across East Anglia who get out of their beds before the crack of dawn to break their bags picking salad leaves for our luxury in return for a pittance?

Who cleans the shit from the toilets and the piss from the floor in offices around London? Who serves in the sandwich shops? Who cleans, restocks and maintains the hospitals across the country?

When these low-paid workers are told to fuck off back to The EU, do you think all of the positions are going to be filled from our wonderful talent pool of The Unemployed?

As I’ve said time and time and time again to people who’ve asked me that

Yes. They will have to. We have a huge problem in this country of employers getting away with shit conditions for service jobs because they know they’ll get some desperate EU migrant to do it.

Likewise we have unemployed young Brits with no work ethic

We need to fix both of those issues and Brexit gives us chance to.

Yes. They will have to. We have a huge problem in this country of employers getting away with shit conditions for service jobs because they know they’ll get some desperate EU migrant to do it.

I find that very hard to believe, but then I didn't swallow a shitton of lies from the Leave Campaign and sign the cross in that box.

I'm not saying everyone who voted leave is deluded, not at all, but I am saying that the leave campaign clearly lied to the populaton and unfortunately far too many were taken in by it.

I find that very hard to believe, but then I didn't swallow a shitton of lies from the Leave Campaign and sign the cross in that box.

I'm not saying everyone who voted leave is deluded, not at all, but I am saying that the leave campaign clearly lied to the populaton and unfortunately far too many were taken in by it.

But it does give us chance

You know what drives down wages?

Giving businesses access to cheap labour that won’t complain

Some migrants will accept conditions we’d think of as terrible

We can’t force businesses to improve conditions until we force them to not take cheap unskilled labour from abroad

We can’t force businesses to improve conditions until we force them to not take cheap unskilled labour from abroad

We could (and should) have done that then before this disastrous debacle

We tried to get rid of FOM and were told it was not negotiable

If the EU didn’t impose that on us we’d have stayed IMO

Doubt it sadly. Combination of things. Poor campaigns and too much racial hatred stirred up by UKIP and their ilk.
I blame Cameron for even allowing it to be honest.

You know it's entirely possible to be proud to be British, proud to be English and sing from the roof tops about it without being a f***ing racist. Some people need to get a grip.

Conversely it's also possible to be all of those things in relation to Britain and England while also seeing the value of multilateral cooperation, not being blind to your own country's faults as part of striving to make it an even better place and being conscious that our idea of what's British/English needs to be inclusive enough for those who aren't white Anglo-Saxon to be able to be part of it as well. And doing that doesn't make you a raging anti British traitor whose time in the metropolitan elite has cut you off irrevocably from the values and concerns of "real" British people.

Mate, the people driving Brexit aren't going to force businesses to improve conditions. Every word that comes out of them is that we should be grateful to have any job and that our kids aren't sweeping chimneys or on the game. They're hoping for a British born cheap workforce that won't complain because they've been given meaningless assurances about getting their country back

Last edited:
See the article on the BBC last night? 35 Eastern Europeans living in a 3 bed semi in Brent. Wall to wall mattresses, £100 a week each to rent...

It's like Dickensian conditions in the 21st century that the majority of people just turn a blind eye to.
I'm not sure how best to punish the landlord for that.

But the problem is, that they'll accept it and pay it. It's cyclical. They're not going to hoof everyone out of the house when they're getting rent

It's like Dickensian conditions in the 21st century that the majority of people just turn a blind eye to.
I'm not sure how best to punish the landlord for that.

But the problem is, that they'll accept it and pay it. It's cyclical. They're not going to hoof everyone out of the house when they're getting rent

Take the house from him and use it to house a family. He had a chance to make ok money renting it out to a family/3-4 people but he chose to use it as a tool to exploit folk. Fuck him.

This shit is going on all over London on a huge scale.

Take the house from him and use it to house a family. He had a chance to make ok money renting it out to a family/3-4 people but he chose to use it as a tool to exploit folk. Fuck him.

This shit is going on all over London on a huge scale.

Not only in London, we have a few guest houses here rammed full of Poles. Locals have dubbed one of them Warsaw Towers.

Reactions: Az*
I’m British, not English. Thanks.

With Harry on this one

People see and accuse racism everywhere. I had to defend myself from accusations of racism because I voted leave.

I’m not a racist but I don’t support FOM. Simple.
This

What are you basing that on? Not saying England hasn't achieved anything, it's just a very big claim to make.

WithoutBritain the world would have been very different. it started the tehnological revolution, the Empire transformed the globe, it invented most of the great sports and we are mint at pop music.

Name a more influential nation?

Bravo young Frijj!!

Well since England was the dominant country in the Union, i'd still say my assertions stood. without england's capital and investment the Empire would not have succeeded.

So even a bit of the UK is better than anywhere else.
England may have been the 'dominant' country, but many of the inventions that people are proud of came from the 'minor' partners. It's impossible to tell whether England would have achieved the same success without the Scots and the Welsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back