If you were permanently banned...

• Thread starter Deleted member 43869
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wouldn’t bother me, this place is not what it used to be, I come on more out of habit than need....
Out of interest Lenny, what do you think has gone wrong?
Imo it's the over politicisation of everything and the subsequent bias from this.
This site may as well be called The Red Flag.

Out of interest Lenny, what do you think has gone wrong?
Imo it's the over politicisation of everything and the subsequent bias from this.
This site may as well be called The Red Flag.

I think you used to be able to have a real discussion, talk properly, now anything anyone says is shot down almost immediately, then the thread turns to shit....

A lot of really good posters don’t bother anymore because of this.

I don’t mind the piss take, but some posters just want to throw abuse about which spoils the thread....

I'd certainly not come back under a new account because I cant ever see a reason for doing anything that would warrant a full time ban.IF it ever happened it would clearly be the fault of a mod with issues so I'd stay away in protest.

I've spent more time on here during lockdown mind and should do more work.

Aye, several times.

I agree with Leonard about this place changing tho. I remember watching from the sidelines and I’d see the same posters going for it for hours on end. Now the slightest thing is said and the thread is locked or snipped. I remember actually belly laughing at some of the fights on here. How do we bring this back

I doubt I would ever say anything that got me a ban, but I’d be gutted.

I recently was permanently banned from a fb group focused on uk supermarket craft beers. I’d only been a member a couple of weeks, and it was shite and was about to leave when a clearly popular poster, put up that pic of school lunches that was doing the rounds with a pic of some can of beer added to it with the caption “it could be worse...”. It must have been some in joke, I have strong feelings on food poverty and I messaged to say it was crass and tasteless, and within seconds a load of fellas rounded on me calling me all kinds. Clearly pals of the OP. It was embarrassing. Moments later I was banned- all I was pissed off about was not getting the chance to leave and say how pathetic they are.

I was on Farcebook for a few months and I jacked it in for precisely that reason. It is full of lunatics with too much time on their hands. In the current situation some people must be on there 24/7.

I doubt I would ever say anything that got me a ban, but I’d be gutted.

I recently was permanently banned from a fb group focused on uk supermarket craft beers. I’d only been a member a couple of weeks, and it was shite and was about to leave when a clearly popular poster, put up that pic of school lunches that was doing the rounds with a pic of some can of beer added to it with the caption “it could be worse...”. It must have been some in joke, I have strong feelings on food poverty and I messaged to say it was crass and tasteless, and within seconds a load of fellas rounded on me calling me all kinds. Clearly pals of the OP. It was embarrassing. Moments later I was banned- all I was pissed off about was not getting the chance to leave and say how pathetic they are.
I found that I got banned from a lot of fb groups for posting in the same style I use to post on here. Certainly in the past on here this place was fantastic for allowing ‘proper bantz’, the problem was unknowingly carrying that into the more mainstream world of fb, not many people are tolerant of it and don’t cope well with a friendly ‘fuck off’, etc.

When you think about it how can anyone get so angry on a message board that they post something that is that offensive that it gets them banned.

If I was banned then I would hope it was for a legitimate reason....which, judging by the admin/moderators on here, seems that would be the case, as they seem pretty fair and let topics flow, generally. And by placing certain one's in parnsip, it lessens the chance of people being banned.

However...having said that....if I was banned for good, I'd simply do what I've been doing minus posting on here. I still read the forum when I didn't join and would still read it if I was banned.
Would it affect my life in any negative way?
In truth I'd likely spend a little bit of time pondering why I was banned for life but then get on with things with a mindset of " well, my input isn't wanted" or " It seems I'm posting above what is acceptable"....and...well, what can you do but carry on in life.

After all, it's a forum and generally people do get on, even with different allegiances to different teams and different takes on general topics...but....sheet happens.

Watching the Mags get beat on a stream whilst taking the piss out of them on here is still fantastic fun, especially at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back