If you could change one or more things about the city centre

Not sure why or how SAFC have any responsibility for the regeneration of the city centre. They’ve got everything they already need in Sunderland.
Didnt say they did, but i said to work in partnership with the council and the university for an overall ambitious strategy for the centre of sunderland

Didnt say they did, but i said to work in partnership with the council and the university for an overall ambitious strategy for the centre of sunderland
I don’t think a commercially focussed business should have any strategic input into the future of the city beyond a consultation which they’d do with all businesses. Just my opinion.

Independent businesses like at Mackies Corner.

Obviously it’s up to me and you to do that rather the council but ideally that would amazing.

That big beautiful building on Fawcett St that used be CeX is being absolutely wasted.
Fawcett street is a beautiful street with great buildings housing largely shite shops. But then it would be hard for interesting independent quirky shops to survive in such huge premises. Would require cooperative indoor market stall type places which would seem odd in places like fawcett street

Filled with what though? People don't use shops anymore
The main reason people don’t other than online shopping is out of town retail parks stopped the need.

Is there anything other than the social aspect that the masses need to go into the City centre for.

Possibly the reason the government are bringing civil servants back into the City.
Not the best for the workers though.

The main reason people don’t other than online shopping is out of town retail parks stopped the need.

Is there anything other than the social aspect that the masses need to go into the City centre for.

Possibly the reason the government are bringing civil servants back into the City.
Not the best for the workers though.
City centres do need workers there and also people living there. This then sees a rise in social stuff, but Shops as we knew them aren't coming back.

As far as retail parks go, do most of them effect the centres? The ones round here are mostly occupied with DFS, car showrooms, matalan & pets at home. Not stuff you usually find in a centre.
The Arnison at Durham being the poorly planned exception.
Unless we're talking about the metro centre, but that's on its arse now too

City centres do need workers there and also people living there. This then sees a rise in social stuff, but Shops as we knew them aren't coming back.

As far as retail parks go, do most of them effect the centres? The ones round here are mostly occupied with DFS, car showrooms, matalan & pets at home. Not stuff you usually find in a centre.
The Arnison at Durham being the poorly planned exception.
Unless we're talking about the metro centre, but that's on its arse now too

You’ve obviously not been to many retail parks in Sunderland. :lol:

Back