If we beat boro...

Ballard isn’t suspended
How come, he's had ten bookings ?
@ERIMUS1876 is Latte Lath on international duty like McGree ?
Notice you have a few injuries like Lenihan and Jones ?
He should have had the benefit of the doubt when he came in, you can't judge a manager, or player for that fact, as quickly as we have done with Beale. Add in the fact he has won a few games too, I cannot understand all the vitriol aimed at him.

Just because he is a bit of a twonk in interviews and came 2nd in a two horse race in Scotland doesn't necessarily make him a bad manager.
He might well be a decent coach, but if he is clueless tactically, alot of his work on the training ground is negated.
There was no evidence of any tactics Vs skunks (fancy trying to play out from the back against a high intensity pressing side), or, against a much weakened Ipswich side lacking key players .
Now we have a crunch game at Boro, a notorious graveyard for us, against a play off rival without key men like Jones, Lenihan and McGree, with the possibility of Rogers going to Villa midweek.
Let's see if he's learned anything from the previous few weeks.

Last edited:

They have an automatic home advantage because they're more accustomed to the smog and they don't need gas masks to navigate the city and stadium.

It is yours poor souls and you know it ! Why else are you constantly on here if we are that unimportant. Like the Saudis on here who don’t care 🙄
It's bollocks and delusion.
Really, just try to listen sensibly to the reasons your support gives for your bad record at Boro.
To say that we do well against you because we're 'more up for it' is just weird.
So, by that logic - just about every Sunderland side since the 1970's doesn't bother getting 'up for it' just because they're playing us?

Sod their professionalism, sod the fact they have a job to do, and sod all the travelling fans - although I don't suppose they would care - seeing as it's only little old Boro.

Or, could it just be the simple fact that when we play you, we're actually better than you (on most occasions).

How come, he's had ten bookings ?
@ERIMUS1876 is Latte Lath on international duty like McGree ?
Notice you have a few injuries like Lenihan and Jones ?

Off the top of my head:

Latte Lath (Injured)
Isiah Jones (Injured)
Alex Bagura (Injured)
Tommy Smith (Injured - out for the season)
Darragh Lenihan (Injured - out for the season)
Senny Dieng (AFCON - returned home injured)
Sammy Silvera (AFCON)
Riley McGree (AFCON)

The following are just making it back to the squad following long-term injuries.

Marcuss Forss
Anfernee Dijksteel
Lewis O'Brien

Carrying injury so barely played of late.

Josh Coburn

Likely outbound transfer this week.

Morgan Rogers

Really, just try to listen sensibly to the reasons your support gives for your bad record at Boro.
To say that we do well against you because we're 'more up for it' is just weird.
So, by that logic - just about every Sunderland side since the 1970's doesn't bother getting 'up for it' just because they're playing us?

Sod their professionalism, sod the fact they have a job to do, and sod all the travelling fans - although I don't suppose they would care - seeing as it's only little old Boro.

Or, could it just be the simple fact that when we play you, we're actually better than you (on most occasions).
😂 meltdown

The riverside is one of our bogey grounds very little success there, mind you we have a better record there than we did at Ayresome park it’s just one of them things sure Boro have a bogey team?

Think it’ll be the 3-1 to boro.

They’re a much better team than Stoke so it’s very difficult to judge if Beale has actually got anything about him in how he can set a team up.

Also, boro and the home support will be well up for their “derby” while playing them is just a bit “meh” for the majority of Sunlun supporters.

The riverside is one of our bogey grounds very little success there, mind you we have a better record there than we did at Ayresome park it’s just one of them things sure Boro have a bogey team?
I think it was the American Statesman Benjamin Franklin who wrote that the only certainties in life were death and taxes (and Sunderland losing in Middlesbrough!) ...

I can only remember us winning at The Riverside in 1997, 2005 and an FA Cup replay in extra time in 2012 which were pretty slim pickings whilst our record at Ayresome Park was even worse. The law of averages suggests that we are due a win there but I'm not expecting one on Sunday.

Ah yes, the standard 'answer'........when you haven't got an answer.
Meltdown indeed.
You just know I'm right.
Also, boro and the home support will be well up for their “derby” while playing them is just a bit “meh” for the majority of Sunlun supporters.
😁😁😁😁
What?
So the Sunderland players don't bother playing because they know that your supporters don't care if you lose ?

Three points?
Meh.

The excuses really are unbelievable

Last edited:

Back