If we beat boro...

What's up with Lath ? @ERIMUS1876
He got injured in the first minute of the League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg v Chelsea at The Riverside. It looked like a hamstring injury at the time but it transpired that the Chelsea defender caught him from behind just as he was about to have a shot from a few yards out. Lath hasn't been sighted since and Boro aren't officially saying exactly what the issue is.

It's bollocks and delusion.
Really, just try to listen sensibly to the reasons your support gives for your bad record at Boro.
To say that we do well against you because we're 'more up for it' is just weird.
So, by that logic - just about every Sunderland side since the 1970's doesn't bother getting 'up for it' just because they're playing us?

Sod their professionalism, sod the fact they have a job to do, and sod all the travelling fans - although I don't suppose they would care - seeing as it's only little old Boro.

Or, could it just be the simple fact that when we play you, we're actually better than you (on most occasions).
Well that's simply not true when you look at the head to head record, or from your side of the fence the head to head to head record.

Ah yes, the standard 'answer'........when you haven't got an answer.
Meltdown indeed.
You just know I'm right.

😁😁😁😁
What?
So the Sunderland players don't bother playing because they know that your supporters don't care if you lose ?

Three points?
Meh.

The excuses really are unbelievable
Calm down man, it's a wind up

He got injured in the first minute of the League Cup Semi-Final 1st Leg v Chelsea at The Riverside. It looked like a hamstring injury at the time but it transpired that the Chelsea defender caught him from behind just as he was about to have a shot from a few yards out. Lath hasn't been sighted since and Boro aren't officially saying exactly what the issue is.
Should have been a pen that

Should have been a pen that
Like most other Boro fans I was pleased when it was announced pre-match there would be no VAR in the match ... then a minute into the game we have lost our only striker - injured - and missed out on a probable penalty and a Chelsea red card if there had been VAR!

Never hopeful of a result at the Riverside regardless how well we're playing. The literal definition of a bogey ground. That being said, I am quite amazed the Boro are beneath us in the table given how dire our form has been over the last 10 games. I think both sides will need to wait and see how things look once the window closes to give a decent prediction.

I've seen them trying to stir up derby rivalry. We only call it a derby if we win apparently.

There's never a day when I think I'd like to see the Mags winning a match, whereas I don't mind Boro at all. Good manager, decent club, OK people and I really wanted them to beat Chelsea in the cup semi. Not a derby.

Back