If Sunday goes well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would like to be at the highest level possible where we are competitive. Its shit getting beat week in week out and for me if that means not playing in the premier so be it. FWIW I have enjoyed this season.

Last edited:

I think we'll need a good few seasons to build and establish the squad before we can even consider promotion to the Prem again, IF we get promotion that is...

Money has definitely ruined top flight football, every Premier League player is a millionaire now due to the high wages but you can't deny the fact having 4 English teams in European cup finals is a bit special.

Really? I wont be watching any of them

Sorry about my big post :cry:
No need to be sorry, love the hippy mentality behind it but the whole competitive nature of football and it's supporters mean while the sentiment is fine the reality is EVERY team wants to progress not tread water, it's how you progress is the interesting bit, I would rather do it building a solid foundation through a great academy and scouting network than just throwing money at it and the mercenary element it attracts, but if a mega rich benefactor comes in no one is going to knock them back are they, it's a catch 22, a couple of years of steady progress will suit me but everyone ultimately wants to be in the premier no matter what they write on some forum even if it is with the best intentions.
On a side note I wouldn't want to be there next season anyway till they have a bit play with VAR and iron out the creases, going to be fun to watch from the outside though!

No need to be sorry, love the hippy mentality behind it but the whole competitive nature of football and it's supporters mean while the sentiment is fine the reality is EVERY team wants to progress not tread water, it's how you progress is the interesting bit, I would rather do it building a solid foundation through a great academy and scouting network than just throwing money at it and the mercenary element it attracts, but if a mega rich benefactor comes in no one is going to knock them back are they, it's a catch 22, a couple of years of steady progress will suit me but everyone ultimately wants to be in the premier no matter what they write on some forum even if it is with the best intentions.
On a side note I wouldn't want to be there next season anyway till they have a bit play with VAR and iron out the creases, going to be fun to watch from the outside though!

It's the greed that hurts....it seems that we've forgotten how "to be" and settled for "to have" life and our personal happiness has to be a balance between the two. My hippie persona is born out of my scientific learning and knowing...it isn't a bad religion you know.

It's the greed that hurts....it seems that we've forgotten how "to be" and settled for "to have" life and our personal happiness has to be a balance between the two. My hippie persona is born out of my scientific learning and knowing...it isn't a bad religion you know.
No time for any religion tbh but the Buddhist style of going about things is one of the least offensive

No time for any religion tbh but the Buddhist style of going about things is one of the least offensive

I think you misunderstood...science is the only religion...it has all the answers and talking about it seldom causes problems. If everyone could grasp quantum physics we would have a very peaceful world.

...and we are in the championship next year is the feeling that we would happily build for two or three years there?

For me the premiership is a pile of wank. Plastic fans, disconnected multi millionaire players and a handful of clubs controlling it and getting richer and richer. I’ve realized this after a humbling but very enjoyable year in L1

I would like to see a return to pre premier/sky days in order to save football. And to my mind there is s simple way to do this. Bring in a capped maximum wage for all new contracts. Let’s say around 10k a week. Much of the “talent” would fuck off abroad for more money. There would be no need for young players to travel to other clubs in UK to earn more so you would have local lads playing for local teams more than now. Plenty of youngsters would still want to play top level football in England for £500k a year. It would take a few years to even out but I think it would do the trick.

Can never see it happening to be honest as money runs football now. Which is why I wouldnt mind being in the championship for a while.
That's bollocks. Literally, this season, our best youngster was lured away for a bit of cash. Every player who can will fuck off abroad (and who could blame them - short career with inbuilt uncertainties).

In 2 years, the PL would be no better than the pile of shite quality that we've watched this season in League 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back