If Star wars and Star trek met in a fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shameless bandwagon jumping... would have been cheaper for Disney just buyout Lucas...

Or not...
It all started there mate. Walt raging over his space film getting dry bummed in the ratings and swearing revenge on the entire Star Wars franchise.

Firstly, I have no idea how you'd even do that.
Seconldy, I have an Xbox One. I haven't played games on a PC since Age of Empires II.
What a game that was...

As for the rest of that sentence, please papercut your bellend with your latest issue of Esquire
And for what it's worth, I'm wearing a Christmas jumper today. So there.
Boss.

Those twats in the white armour then. I never watch any Star Wars as it is total shit.
Orhhhh aye sure, trying to act like your not a big nerd ;)

Last edited:
Not a One S mind you. Not quite sure what the difference is. I'm sure someone who frequents the gaming forum could tell us

I'm wearing it!
Me either, I've just got an original.

If I'm not mistaken the one s is a slimmer version, as tech progresses they can make parts smaller.

And the one x version is 4k.

Absolutely no point getting either imo, just stick with what you got till the xbox 2 comes out.

And while I do like the original star wars, it's rightly going through a terrible patch at the moment, last jedi and battlefront 2 were f***ing awful.

Star trek Ships can navigate at light speed without pre-plotted jumps, weapon speed is FTL and sensors work on FTL techniques. Using modification of the picard manoeuvre (the battle tng 1x9) a single starfleet ship could appear to be surrounding the entire imperial fleet, both deathstars and starkiller base effectively dropping to sublight, firing from different distances and out accelerating it's own weapons fire and visibility.

They'd never even see it, just phaser fire an torps appearing apparently from nowhere, both of which are massively more powerful than the the shitty laser/turbolaser technology (silent enemy st:e 1x12) so even if the star fleet ship took a break for lunch and parked up in the middle of the fleet they would be effectively immune to anything the star wars lot could do.

Logon or register to see this image

crikey, so much wrongness

Star Trek - takes decades for their ships to travel the galaxy (ref: Voyager) whilst galaxy wide travel in Star Wars takes days or weeks (ref: any of the films).

Turbolasers in Star Wars are not the same as lasers in Star Trek, and everytime you see a battle in Trek its at sublight speed (so in your Picard manouver scenario, its drop out of warp, go pew pew pew with no effect then get slagged)

:)

crikey, so much wrongness

Star Trek - takes decades for their ships to travel the galaxy (ref: Voyager) whilst galaxy wide travel in Star Wars takes days or weeks (ref: any of the films).

Turbolasers in Star Wars are not the same as lasers in Star Trek, and everytime you see a battle in Trek its at sublight speed (so in your Picard manouver scenario, its drop out of warp, go pew pew pew with no effect then get slagged)

:)

The actual speed of the hyperspeed jumps is irrelevent, they have to pre compute the jumps on navicomputers or astromechs so cannot actually navigate at those speeds. They dont have sensors working on the "subspace" medium so cant see anything until a none faster than light particle or wave bounces off it then back to their sensor. (Hence they cant track anything FTL until they have the massive git ship Supremacy with insane processing power in Last Jedi - the technology obviously coming from research from Sacrif as referenced discretely in rogue one:
Logon or register to see this image

Effectively, the starfleet ship could fire from the edge of the engagement area, immediately warp to somewhere closer to the engagement, drop out of warp, fire again and their two weapons blasts would appear to the imperial ships to have come simultaneously from two seperate locations. This is how picard busts up the ferengi hence the picard manouver. Phaser definately work at warp, voyager had scenes of them trying to down a doomsday weapon belana built and even as far back as ncc1701 days the enterprise fights that git huge ship at warp in Into Darkness, so the advantage is even further one sided than that.

Turbolasers actually seem to be considerably worse than lasers. While a laser dissipates in atmosphere and turbolasers do too (hence landing on hoth to bring down shields instead of pummelling from orbit) They also however oddly seem to dissipate in space pretty badly (The Raddus was able to keep out of range of the Supremacy even though they can see the damn thing out of the window).

Star wars ships are sadly just big rusty metal tubs with primitive tech. It was long long ago though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back