IF he's away, who's your choice of replacement?

Cooper would be perfect mind, He's also dealt with losing 'prized-assets' in the past, so when we sell a few in the summer he should be alright.

I would go Dodds until the summer then a full pre-season with the new man fresh in the door.

Beale can't be here a minute longer, He's tearing the place apart.

I've said it before, but Tomasson would be an obvious choice given that he has experience of developing a young squad while still playing front-foot, attacking football. We should have sounded him out in December tbh.

Blackburn have had a poor season, but he's been dealing with woeful ownership (before anyone says anything, far worse than us).
I think he'd do ok here

Steve Cooper
Cooper began his coaching career at Wrexham's academy while playing as a defender in the Welsh football leagues. He moved to Liverpool in 2008 and was appointed manager of their academy in 2011. Cooper joined the England youth set-up in 2014, initially coaching the U16s, before winning the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup with the U17s. He became head coach of Swansea City in 2019 before managing Nottingham Forest from 2021 to 2023

You just know it won’t be anyone decent, it will be someone like Paul Ince.
I can’t see anyone of any stature, anyone who has done something significant in the game whether as a player or a manager won’t want to come here & tarnish his name working under the current restrictions.

I can’t see anyone of any stature, anyone who has done something significant in the game whether as a player or a manager won’t want to come here & tarnish his name working under the current restrictions.

That is the truth of it, I'm afraid.

They’ll have a hit list already prepared knocked up while sitting on the bog before the press conference after googling for a minute. Everyone on it will tell them to fuck off.

Wouldn't want dodds but he'll nit be going anywhere, a caretaker until end of season is likely. Any credible hc or manager will want certain guarantees and their own staff so whilst we need Beale gobe we also need further changes in order to be successful.

Steve Cooper
Cooper began his coaching career at Wrexham's academy while playing as a defender in the Welsh football leagues. He moved to Liverpool in 2008 and was appointed manager of their academy in 2011. Cooper joined the England youth set-up in 2014, initially coaching the U16s, before winning the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup with the U17s. He became head coach of Swansea City in 2019 before managing Nottingham Forest from 2021 to 2023
my choice atm too

I wonder if Potter would come here?

Perhaps not as he turned down Leicester after they sacked Rodgers but he won't get an elite club so maybe his level is lower to mid table PL club or Championship club with potential. He's been out of work for the best part of a year now, maybe he thinks he's a runner for the West Ham job if they sack Moyes.

Back