IF he's away, who's your choice of replacement?

I have no idea. I honestly just want rid of Beale at this point. I don’t trust them for a second to pay money for anyone decent but surely they can find someone better than Beale.

Cheap option obviously so out of work, if its not Dodds and Co, who would you go for?
Dodds until the summer, then someone that actually plays to a style that suits the players we have. The most baffling thing about the Beale appointment for me was that his system relies on a strong defence, a creative central midfield and two reliable strikers. We have none of those. And he doesn’t use wingers, yet our two best players are both wingers. Absolutely baffling decision to appoint him

When you consider that we clearly don't like paying compensation, offer less in wages in comparison to other Championship clubs, have a blueprint of wanting a head coach that's purely their to coach and not influence incomings / outgoings it makes the job of finding a manager pretty hard once you whittle the candidates down.

KLD needs to flex away from the model slightly if he is wanting us to really challenge for promotion.

In an ideal world it would be Still, Cooper or an up and coming coach doing well at a European side.

Reality is it will be someone out of work with Championship experience next, Heckingbottom would be nailed on IMO.

There's nee point anyway is there. The best in class process'll take at least a fortnight anyway. At that point there's only 11 games left and the first two are Leicester H and Southampton A - arguably the toughest fixtures we've got left. That's four games out of the equation for starters.

If and when he's peddled, it'll be Dodds 'til summer.

I've said it before, but Tomasson would be an obvious choice given that he has experience of developing a young squad while still playing front-foot, attacking football. We should have sounded him out in December tbh.

Blackburn have had a poor season, but he's been dealing with woeful ownership (before anyone says anything, far worse than us).

Dodds is next in line, with little change again to back room staff. Daft thing is, Beale will take the brunt of the blame and sacked when it's clear that Dodds and Proctor have plenty of input into the shite tactics and selections we play.

Last edited:
The longer Steve Cooper is out of a job the more likely it is he’d be prepared to work in the championship.

Premier League clubs seem intent on hiring foreign managers so he’ll need to get back in somewhere, why not with us?

**If he’s prepared to work for peanuts and have KS pick the side **

still dont see what difference it will make, the squad is terribly unbalanced and a new manager will have exactly the same problem with a lack of striker and hold up play, ball comes straight back through our midfield

Back