Ian Holloway Compliment

Got nothing but respect for Ian Holloway. Nothing to do with that interview but the cards life dealt and how he faced up. Top bloke👍

Nice to get plaudits, but I’d much prefer continuing to quietly get on with winning games and getting promoted… we are playing some lovely stuff with a young squad which is a massive bonus though!

Got nothing but respect for Ian Holloway. Nothing to do with that interview but the cards life dealt and how he faced up. Top bloke👍
I didn’t really have much time for him but over last year or so he has had nothing but good things to say about Sunderland

Offered to walk to Sunderland for vacant managers position in past. and as @Grumpy Old Man knows it’s a long way

Last edited:
Aye, one of my favourites. Breath of fresh air whenever he's on the box.
Mad as a box of frogs, but loved in Bristol (well, the half north of the river anyway)
The sad thing is that if he didn't have the West Country accent, he'd likely be loved by the rest of the country too. He's a proper decent manager but there's been a genuine glass ceiling with that accent.

Last edited:

There are few better jobs I've seen in football than what he achieved at Blackpool. It's a shame it gets overlooked but he barely had a budget to stay in the Championship, let alone win promotion and accrue more than 40 points. They were desperately unlucky to go down.

Lovely words from a classy man. He's spot on about the shirt. I've been thinking Lee Johnson hasn't been getting the credit he deserves for the job he's done so far, so it's good to read a bit of praise.

There are few better jobs I've seen in football than what he achieved at Blackpool. It's a shame it gets overlooked but he barely had a budget to stay in the Championship, let alone win promotion and accrue more than 40 points. They were desperately unlucky to go down.

Lovely words from a classy man. He's spot on about the shirt. I've been thinking Lee Johnson hasn't been getting the credit he deserves for the job he's done so far, so it's good to read a bit of praise.
What impressed me about that Blackpool team was how well drilled he had them; they knew where to put the ball to find a team mate. As you said, it was achieved on a modest budget.

Aye, one of my favourites. Breath of fresh air whenever he's on the box.

The sad thing is that if he didn't have the West Country accent, he'd likely be loved by the rest of the country too. He's a proper decent manager but there's been a genuine glass ceiling with that accent.

West Country la la la.

“Ohh I can’t read and I can’t write...
But that don’t really matter...
Coz I come down from Swindon Town...
...and I can drive a tractor....

Ohhhh arghhhhh.

Give us an Ssssssssss, Wubleuuuu,

Decent bloke, tough family life but always has time to reflect well on life.
I like him.

Last edited:
I’d say you need a comma in that last sentence 😀

Agree just as well I am not on the proof reading team!. Felling even older now
The irony of this, given the misspelling of your username. 😁

See my latest response as to the deliberate misspelling - however I realise how naff it looks and will sit on the naughty step unless @Roger can save my blushes. Slinks into corner of room....

Back