Ian Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm fairly sure The Stone Roses knocked out a new song a couple of years back but shelved it out of embarrassment at how shite it was.

More of the same here, sadly.

So bad he could be his own half-arsed tribute act. Might actually make himself a bit of money given the going rate for them.

Is that the one that sounded like it should have been the theme for Dartagnan and the Muskehounds?

I'd expect better from someone with a username like yours.

Disappointing.

lets be honest, it’s a very good album let down by some duff tracks. The backward ones are pointless.
It’s not even the best album released on that day never mind all time.

the rest of their output ranges from absolute dross to decent.

The Roses were a band that perfectly captured the mood of a generation.

There were some interesting remixes of Brown's solo stuff but that was 20+ yor ago.

It's time he jacked it in

I think they were a great band mind. Are and probably always will be my favourite.

Fair one.

When you actually break it down though a band that did one very good album, a follow up that was meh and then nowt shouldn't, in reality, be called a great (when you look at the true greats). They couldn't reproduce it live either (mainly down to the singer tbf).

They were cool as fuck mind and some of their songs superb.

Last edited:
I think they were a great band mind. Are and probably always will be my favourite.

I'm a big fan of them, was obsessed with them when I was about 16/17. The first album is very good, but I think they're a bit overrated now. Most fans don't really like 50% of their albums.
If Second Coming had been released in 1994 by a new band coming out they'd have got nowhere. It's got some canny tunes on it but it's only cos it's by The Stone Roses I think it gets given the time of day.
That first album is one of my favourites and I still play it now and then, but the legend is better than the reality imo.

Cringed when I heard that and knew it was all over. Sounds even worse a few years later. The other song was canny.
Beautiful Thing.

Both were honking IMO. Tbf, they just threw a couple out to justify the big reunion tours, where they essentially just miked it whilst pretending a new album was on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back