Ian Brown

I think they were a great band mind. Are and probably always will be my favourite.

I think they made a debut album that captured a moment in time. The best songs on it, waterfall / Resurrection/ made of stone are genius works of art. The fillers like Elizabeth my dear and the backward tracks stop it from being the masterpiece many claim it to be.

my honest opinion is that they can’t be a great band because their back catalogue isn’t deep enough to make that call. Great bands evolve and go down different routes producing great record after great record.

For me, they wrote some great songs and they looked great but they’ll never be comparable to the real great bands.

In my humble opinion, it’d be like saying Blackburn Rovers were England’s best football team.

Always preferred his solo stuff to the Stone Roses. Admittedly at least 50% is utter dross, but the Roses literally have 1 good album.

He used to tour regularly (like every year) in smaller venues like the Academy and the City Hall and was always good live. Again, admittedly he can't sing for shit, but it probably lends itself better to small, intimate gigs rather than massive stadium gigs full of arseholes.

Always thought he was sound, disappointed in this Covid bollocks he's coming out with.

Back