Iain Dowie

After losing the play-off semi final to eventual winners Watford, Dowie left Crystal Palace by "mutual consent" on 22 May 2006 following discussions with chairman Jordan.
Do you know the real reason the daft fucker stopped the bus on a motorway and as a training exercise got the squad to march two miles over broken ground to the hotel in the dark at the time i was commuting from amsterdan and london and had a drink with the director from america who was flying over to fire him. stopping the players bus on a motorway getting them to risk millions of players worth of money in the night. its a different kind of stupid
Punctuation is a wonderful thing.

After losing the play-off semi final to eventual winners Watford, Dowie left Crystal Palace by "mutual consent" on 22 May 2006 following discussions with chairman Jordan.
Do you know the real reason the daft fucker stopped the bus on a motorway and as a training exercise got the squad to march two miles over broken ground to the hotel in the dark at the time i was commuting from amsterdan and london and had a drink with the director from america who was flying over to fire him. stopping the players bus on a motorway getting them to risk millions of players worth of money in the night. its a different kind of stupid
Amsterdan 😂

This reminds me of the classic..

"they don't take prisoners at this level..."
"Women were in tears..."

Where nobody really understood what the fuck the poster was talking about.

yeah, that never happened

If this was the reason then why the fuck would Palace have subsequently taken out an injunction to stop him joining Charlton a week or so later? IIRC Jordan was fuming because Dowie had said he wanted to leave to be closer to his family?

At last, a story that is topical AND believable.

The board quality is on its way back, albeit possibly illegally, across broken ground!
Dowie appears quite dopey and inarticulate in the media but he’s actually a rocket scientist, and that’s a complicated subject.

Nearly 20 years of sleepless nights wondering what happened after the 2006 playoffs. Turned to drink because of it I was in that much of a state well at least I know now so can't wait for a full night sleep tonight 🤣 .

Eh?

It's not rocket science though is it? .....Oh, hang on a minute........
rocket science is easy just not when musk fucks it up most rockets use 286 chips as the radiation in space make more advanced chips break its to do with the the cpus
Punctuation is a wonderful thing.
not on the web in my white papers yes
Two things that jump out:

Would a professional coach driver really stop on a motorway (presumably the M25) to let the entire passenger list off?

Why were Palace staying in a hotel for a game that was relatively local? Was it by Selhurst Park or somewhere random off the M25 in Berkshire or something.
the guy came out with it he was furious i'd said i was a sunderland fan and he said he come to fire that idiot. no reason to believe he wasn't lying why would a yank go into that detail
Have you been holding that in for nearly 2 decades and decided that now its time for you to get it off your chest. Very odd.
not really i've been told i have months to live so i share

Last edited:

Back