I would never pay more than....

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't go around looking at blokes either mate but that doesn't stop me thinking about how I look
Aye its all a bit fancy caring about your appearance.As a rule a full cheap outfit looks it.You see someone looking dapper,its cost a few quid and the detail and fit is where its at.

What other kind of fit am I going to wear like? Have you seen the size of me legs? Mind, @Sneech did point out I accidentally bought boot cut last time. But I'm wasn't gonna take them back for £12. I just pretend it's Madchester again.

Maybe not the full arse pocket. But seeing as I don't go round looking at male arses it's not something I've ever given much thought to.

12quid for a pair of jeans?!?! Wtf man.

How will we set the challenge up? Do you have a decent pair of jeans aswell to use?

Measure your waist anarl. Is that the same as Chris Hoy?

Also if your thighs are that big surely loose fit jeans are pretty fitted on you.
Chris on the hoy

Aye its all a bit fancy caring about your appearance.As a rule a full cheap outfit looks it.You see someone looking dapper,its cost a few quid and the detail and fit is where its at.
Any dads over the age of 40 who follow fashion are a bit embarrassing tbh. You can be dapper without spending money though. They do those things in the Sunday supplements/lads mags where they give you 3 near identical outfits for 3 price points.
I was out last week in a £10 George shirt; £20 catalogue jeans and some smart Kangol shoes that I got from fat mike for £17 (rrp £70).
That's 37 quid man, and I looked as smart as the next portly 44 year old.

Last edited:
Chris on the hoy

Any dads over the age of 40 who follow fashion are a bit embarrassing tbh. You can be dapper without spending money though. They do those things in the Sunday supplements/lads mags where they give you 3 near identical outfits for 3 price points.
I was out last week in a £10 George shirt; £20 catalogue jeans and some smart Kangol shoes that I got from fat mike for £17 (rrp £70).
Haway Dave then. Pics of smart kangols

Haway then, SMB penny pinchers. We all like a bit value for money, but it seems some people are happy to pay way over the odds.
What prices do you baulk at that others wouldn't give a second thought to, and what would you be prepared to pay Cinderella prices for?

I'll start the ball rolling...

I would never pay more than:

£30 for a meal (excluding drinks)

£50 for a single hotel room

£70 for jeans

£100 for footwear

On the other hand, I'll happily pay £1500+ for a push bike

£10 for 20 tabs

£4 a pint at the match
You should really be able to afford a bike that doesn't break then

Chris on the hoy

You don't have to follow fashion though. Just avoid dressing like a tramp.

For me

£50 for a meal (excluding drinks)

£90 for a single hotel room

£60 for jeans

£70 for footwear

On the other hand, I'll happily pay £1500+ for a push bike. (I have)

No pint at the match as it's shite beer. Unless it's Hannover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back