I fancy a new Digital SLR Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DiggerG

Ive got my trusty old Pentax ME-Super and Olympus OM-10 35mm SLR cameras and i love them both but i fancy catching up with the modern world and getting a digital jobby.

Ive been looking on E-Bay to see if a bargain can be had as im sure there will be something out there.

Can anybody recommend a place other than E-Bay for buying a half decent digital SLR?

Doesent have to be brand new or massively fancy, David Bailey i am not, just something that takes a decent photo and is relatively inexpensive.

Couple of hundred quid maximum.

I had a Nikon D90 but I flogged it cos Photography is shite.

Your film gear will be far better if you have a decent scanner

Keep it

I used to be canny and lost interest. I seem to have found it again.

Then i looked at the prices of DSLR cameras and almost choked. :eek:

They are all shit for what you are looking to pay

Get a little compact for messing around with

Been looking at the Nikon D3100 but i'm undecided, it's been bloody years since i last picked up anything other than a point and shoot digital.

Might just dig out the Pentax again, it's a bit chunky with the motor drive on it but even as a cheapy it takes canny a canny picture, well it used to anyway.

How much are you wanting to pay?

I did say around a few hundred quid but i can probably stretch to about £500.

Been looking at the Nikon D3100 but i'm undecided, it's been bloody years since i last picked up anything other than a point and shoot digital.

Might just dig out the Pentax again, it's a bit chunky with the motor drive on it but even as a cheapy it takes canny a canny picture, well it used to anyway.

I did say around a few hundred quid but i can probably stretch to about £500.

Would your old lenses fit on a Pentax DSLR? If they are decent quality lenses might be worth paying for a Pentax body and then you can save a bit on the lenses?

Would your old lenses fit on a Pentax DSLR? If they are decent quality lenses might be worth paying for a Pentax body and then you can save a bit on the lenses?

I had'nt given it much thought to be honest, i'll look into it.

I'm off to Wroclaw in Poland at the end of next month and looking at some of the architecture and scenery online of the city and the mountains has got me itching to start snapping away again.

Ive got a wee Nikon D40, and it's fine for amateur stuff. The camera itself cost me £300 I think, with the stock 18-55mm lens, but its the other lenses that cost the most. I'm saving up for a wide 10-20mm, which will cost more than the body did....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back