I’ve started Christmas dinner preparations

Today I’ve done stuffing balls , pigs in blankets and yorkies - always find if everything is done from scratch on the day I end up so hot and bothered that I can’t sit and enjoy why I’ve made so prepping some stuff today to see if it makes a difference

Besides .... stuffing balls for breakfast man , wonderful

Baffles me this shit. I'll be starting prep at 1pm Christmas day, ready to eat at 4pmish.
Who wants to be peeling veg on Christmas day, making pigs in blankets and stuff when it can be done a couple of days before? What about making desserts? It can take 3 hours for a turkey to cook. Unless you go for ready made stuff, I can’t see how anyone and do a decent dinner from start to finish in 3 hours.

Today I’ve done stuffing balls , pigs in blankets and yorkies - always find if everything is done from scratch on the day I end up so hot and bothered that I can’t sit and enjoy why I’ve made so prepping some stuff today to see if it makes a difference

Besides .... stuffing balls for breakfast man , wonderful
You'll be farting all day.

Who wants to be peeling veg on Christmas day, making pigs in blankets and stuff when it can be done a couple of days before? What about making desserts? It can take 3 hours for a turkey to cook. Unless you go for ready made stuff, I can’t see how anyone and do a decent dinner from start to finish in 3 hours.
All fresh and delicious and I enjoy making it. Can't see how anybody could cook a decent dinner with turkey. So good most people only eat it once a year. Same with Christmas pudding - absolutely awful. It's really stupid how people eat stuff they're not keen on just because it's traditional.

Baffles me this shit. I'll be starting prep at 1pm Christmas day, ready to eat at 4pmish.

Not hosting this year, but in previous years, I've always done most of the prep in advance. On Christmas Day I mainly just have to turn pans on, put things in the oven etc. Would rather spend the time talking to my guests and playing with the bairns, rather than standing in the kitchen peeling veg when they have all the fun. That works best for me.

Not hosting this year, but in previous years, I've always done most of the prep in advance. On Christmas Day I mainly just have to turn pans on, put things in the oven etc. Would rather spend the time talking to my guests and playing with the bairns, rather than standing in the kitchen peeling veg when they have all the fun. That works best for me.
I love being in the kitchen with radio 4 on and a couple of glasses of wine, away from me hyper kids and irritating parents.

All fresh and delicious and I enjoy making it. Can't see how anybody could cook a decent dinner with turkey. So good most people only eat it once a year. Same with Christmas pudding - absolutely awful. It's really stupid how people eat stuff they're not keen on just because it's traditional.
I love them both, and all part of Christmas for me. Worth the effort, especially when the Turkey goes on a timer the night before along with the ham in the slow cooker. All the meat done with zero Christmas day effort.

I love them both, and all part of Christmas for me. Worth the effort, especially when the Turkey goes on a timer the night before along with the ham in the slow cooker. All the meat done with zero Christmas day effort.

Love Turkey me , wish they were available fresh for more of the year. Have relented to years of pestering and we have a goose too this year and a wass ham - thankfully our Christmas present from my parents this year is a chest freezer as I feel there will be a lot of leftovers.

You don’t baste the turkey?
Cover it in butter and bacon the night before, but also pour half a pint of stock in the foil before I fasten it up. With an onion and stuffing in there too, it stays really moist. I think some of the stock absorbs overnight.

Back