Hundred viewing figures down by half

Maybe they should have showed Durham’s championship games this season where they have amazingly drawn 7 that’s SEVEN games out a possible 10.

Couldn’t think of nowt worse of sitting through some of them games, and I have followed cricket for 45 years.

God knows what none cricket fans trying to get involved in the game would think of watching them games, it would be enough to turn them of cricket forever.
You don't fancy it so I'm not entitled to?

Cheers mate

Indeed more investigations done.
All 100 hundred games are live on YouTube via skysports channel for FREE.

BBC figures are down by half as you need to pay 165 quid a year for
mythical free to air tv..

So of course figures are halved. Why buy a tv licence or when it's free on YouTube??

They make more money from ads on YouTube than off tv advertising.

Still people pay for tv and subscription channels?

Where is the evidence that they’ve halved? All I’ve seen is that the opening match of the womens did (which per my post is totally logical).

Pretty sure that all games aren’t live on YouTube either, nor were they last year.

It’s a mystery to me where cricket fans just can’t enjoy cricket!!

I decided to watch part of one othe games with an open mind. In other words tried to put my prejudices aside and judge the game itself.

I found it hard to form an identity with the teams. Just two sets of 11 players cobbled together. This 5 ball/10 ball malarkey makes no sense. I ended up trying to convert the runs required into a division of 6 to make it more understandable. The commentators still drive me mad with their overhyped enthusiasm. Just commentate normally. Get a Bumble type old git to add a bit of humour instead of having an orgasm when a six is scored. The ending of the game I saw was a bit flat. Not a tight finish although this happens in all cricket. I still can't warm to the TV graphics. Put a normal scorecard graphic on.

It was a big thumbs down for me.

Last edited:
Entertaining cricket you would think cricket fans would want that.

This twisting night after night , I am finding more and more tiresome constantly putting a negative spin on the fact we have cricket to watch every night!!

It’s just so awful!

The best bit is that if these live games were just 20 balls more per side and played by different sides apparently it would be great
Putting over a point of view persistently and consistently isn't twisting it's necessary because you ignore the argument.As you admit in your last sentence there is little difference between T20 and the Hundred making the latter a superfluous tournament promoted at unnecessary and therefore obscene expense. Enjoy what you want,when you want on tv, just don't totally ignore the rationale of those who object to it for the valid reasons repeatedly outlined.

I decided to watch part of one othe games with an open mind. In other words tried to put my prejudices aside and judge the game itself.

I found it hard to form an identity with the teams. Just two sets of 11 players cobbled together. This 5 ball/10 ball malarkey makes no sense. I ended up trying to convert the runs required into a division of 6 to make it more understandable. The commentators still drive me mad with their overhyped enthusiasm. Just commentate normally. Get a Bumble type old git to add a bit of humour instead of having an orgasm when a six is scored. The ending of the game I saw was a bit flat. Not a tight finish although this happens in all cricket. I still can't warm to the TV graphics. Put a normal scorecard graphic on.

It was a big thumbs down for me.
Each to their own mate, and respect your view.

And I do get what your saying up to a point.

If it shows 78 balls left for example I convert that in my own mind to 13 overs so I can work out what the team needs per over to win the game, as my mind programmed over the years to think that.

But with respect it’s not aimed at us it’s aimed at new fans hence the graphics etc

It’s inevitable the overhyped enthusiasm as the whole point is to attract new fans, so of course while trying to sell it the commentators are going to be like that imo.

I can see it and agree fully it is overhyped but I am asking willing to accept that because I know what they doing it for and what they trying to achieve
Putting over a point of view persistently and consistently isn't twisting it's necessary because you ignore the argument.As you admit in your last sentence there is little difference between T20 and the Hundred making the latter a superfluous tournament promoted at unnecessary and therefore obscene expense. Enjoy what you want,when you want on tv, just don't totally ignore the rationale of those who object to it for the valid reasons repeatedly outlined.
Of course I see peoples points and understand them and respect them and agree and disagree with them, I totally agree no need for 4 tournaments.

But cricket on tv every night is good for the game and good to see.

And a good game of cricket in the 100 is a good game of cricket, just like a good game of T20 is a good game of cricket.
I object to the fact trying to constantly criticise the cricket on show, when the same people imo would be actually praising it, if it was 20 balls less and played by the same players for two different sides.

Last edited:
Each to their own mate, and respect your view.

And I do get what your saying up to a point.

If it shows 78 balls left for example I convert that in my own mind to 13 overs so I can work out what the team needs per over to win the game, as my mind programmed over the years to think that.

But with respect it’s not aimed at us it’s aimed at new fans hence the graphics etc

It’s inevitable the overhyped enthusiasm as the whole point is to attract new fans, so of course while trying to sell it the commentators are going to be like that imo.

I can see it and agree fully it is overhyped but I am asking willing to accept that because I know what they doing it for and what they trying to achieve

Of course I see peoples points and understand them and respect them and agree and disagree with them, I totally agree no need for 4 tournaments.

But cricket on tv every night is good for the game and good to see.

And a good game of cricket in the 100 is a good game of cricket, just like a good game of T20 is a good game of cricket.
I object to the fact trying to constantly criticise the cricket on show, when the same people imo would be actually praising it, if it was 20 balls less and played by the same players for two different sides.
Your last sentence isn't consistent with your pro-Hundred agenda. People are fully entitled to criticise the format and presentation of the Hundred,over-hyped,nothing ever mundane,flashing lights normally come with a health warning.
Again you accept that there is little difference between the Hundred and T20 yet argue it's justification on the grounds it'll attract a new audience.Illogical.

Your last sentence isn't consistent with your pro-Hundred agenda. People are fully entitled to criticise the format and presentation of the Hundred,over-hyped,nothing ever mundane,flashing lights normally come with a health warning.
Again you accept that there is little difference between the Hundred and T20 yet argue it's justification on the grounds it'll attract a new audience.Illogical.
and people are entitled to criticise franchise cricket just as they are to have a go at franchise football. And when the franchises take players away from their County homes folk are very much entitled not to be happy.

No mate, I agree and have said from the start a T20 tournament (just one) fully in the school holidays with a dedicated window with the top players all available was the way to go and still think that.

There was no need to change the format as you correctly say and we both agree very very similar.

However and its a big however ,for me once the decision has been made rightly or wrongly to go with the hundred ( I understand you think wrongly)

I want it to be a success and want it to attract which I happen to think is badly needed new blood to the game.

I want to see families and kids enjoy the games and then get involved in cricket.

I don’t want to spend all my time hoping it fails in its objectives and having a go it, just because they went down the hundred route rather than my favorable T20 route.

Last edited:
Every ball from every county game t20. 50/50 championship is televised live on YouTube for free.

Pointless comment.

Viewing figures have halved because YouTube have stopped the free coverage of the 100. BBC have stopped this of course.

So everything is fine with the 100.

Ticket sales outselling t20 by 2 to 1.

Jesus wept, are you serious? Only 2 to 1?

That's a disaster given the marketing push the 16.4 has been given and the sheer amount of cheap and free tickets available.

Maybe there is hope for the game of cricket.

No mate, I agree and have said from the start a T20 tournament (just one) fully in the school holidays with a dedicated window with the top players all available was the way to go and still think that.

There was no need to change the format as you correctly say and we both agree very very similar.

However and its a big however ,for me once the decision has been made rightly or wrongly to go with the hundred ( I understand you think wrongly)

I want it to be a success and want it to attract which I happen to think is badly needed new blood to the game.

I want to see families and kids enjoy the games and then get involved in cricket.

I don’t want to spend all my time hoping it fails in its objectives and having a go it, just because they went down the hundred route rather than my favorable T20 route.
I always respect the right to a poster's view even if I vehemently disagree with it. There's unnecessary,considerable and recurring expenses incurred in staging the Hundred e.g. Excessive salaries which T20 wouldn't occur, £300k per season staging fee for the host counties etc. A wasteful decision was made. Continuing with it simply compounds the waste.
I'd just keyed into this evening's Sky coverage. Lucky if it's a third capacity.

Last edited:
I always respect the right to a poster's view even if I vehemently disagree with it. There's unnecessary,considerable and recurring expenses incurred in staging the Hundred e.g. Excessive salaries which T20 wouldn't occur, £300k per season staging fee for the host counties etc. A wasteful decision was made. Continuing with it simply compounds the waste.
I'd just keyed into this evening's Sky coverage. Lucky if it's a third capacity.
Same here I always respect your and everybody’s else views and can 100% see where you coming from.

However my personal view is now ‘The Hundred’ has started I think it’s needs to be a success, as for me I care more about people getting involved in club cricket at a young each, and feel that live short format cricket in the summer holidays has a chance to achieve that!

Last edited:
Annoy the local county fans by having the prestigious 1 day cup taking place at the same time with all their more talented/star players being poached for the hundred.
1st year debuting as restrictions got relaxed, now we've got a heatwave and its not the 'new' thing.
Give it 2 more years, tops

Every ball from every county game t20. 50/50 championship is televised live on YouTube for free.

Pointless comment.

Viewing figures have halved because YouTube have stopped the free coverage of the 100. BBC have stopped this of course.

So everything is fine with the 100.

Ticket sales outselling t20 by 2 to 1.
Shut up you absolute, know nothing melt

Im not sure I know who to support…it all seems pointless. No rivalry or loyalty with players. To be honest I’m not bothered…rather watch a county 20/20 game.
I would honestly rather watch Brighton & Hove f***ing Albion win the FA Cup, EPL and the Champions f***ing League, than watch a single delivery of the 16.4. And I mean that.

I would honestly rather watch Brighton & Hove f***ing Albion win the FA Cup, EPL and the Champions f***ing League, than watch a single delivery of the 16.4. And I mean that.

If you had watched a single delivery of the Hundred then you would know that there aren't 16.4 of anything as overs don't exist.

I have a lot of problems with the format and its presentation but a lot of the criticism comes from people who have never watched it.

Back