Hull & Peterboro

Aye, even if we won tonight I think they'd still have had enough as they are stringing results together and have much easier fixtures.

Both have one clear advantage over us which has made all the difference - plenty of pace and creativity in their midfield.

Hopefully a lesson learned for our summer transfer business.

If you truly think they will run away with the remaining games then stick £10 on them to win every one of their remaining games. You'll probably come out doubling your money by the end of the season if they don't lose another game.

I'd be surprised if many are willing to do that bet, yet everyone appears to suggest they will get maximum points.

Aye they're both up unless either of them fall off massively like we have. Fair play to them, we've never been in the top 2.
really hard to believe that in this,our 3rd season in effin league 1 the team has only been in the top two ,once?,absolutely disgraceful from all concerned,just hope all of them fuck off at season's end

really hard to believe that in this,our 3rd season in effin league 1 the team has only been in the top two ,once?,absolutely disgraceful from all concerned,just hope all of them fuck off at season's end

Need a completely different mindset in the summer, we need to build a team that will challenge for the title. Seems to me we have tried to get promoted on the cheap for too long, hopefully that will change with the new owner.

Posh fan. In fairness the complaints on Hull and Sunderland forums about consistency/quality have been present for the run-in with all three clubs, I guess this is why we're in L1, we all know we need to get to that next level to rise close to Championship standards, but its rare for clubs to meet that goal (though I would have expected a bit more from bigger clubs like Hull Sunderland, even Charlton)

I was convinced after yet another indifferent performance by our top goalscorer(looks to struggle for much of his time on the pitch recently) after drawing at Swindon with a late collapse and general wobble by the team(which still isn't completely over), after a few key injuries - that our lack of signing's in Jan was going to defo cost us promotion, yet suddenly a big win and a few shaky wins later we're now in a stronger position. I think maybe we're a bit hard on our teams (well maybe Sunderland and Hull can genuinely expect a bit more)

I think with his own squad he'll get you out of L1, (Johnson) but like DF and MCCann none have proven themselves at championship level. Frankly Hull should be out of sight with their squad.

Good luck (but hopefully not at the expense of us) x

Agreed. Oh well the joy of the play offs again!
So league 1 again.

Yay
If you truly think they will run away with the remaining games then stick £10 on them to win every one of their remaining games. You'll probably come out doubling your money by the end of the season if they don't lose another game.

I'd be surprised if many are willing to do that bet, yet everyone appears to suggest they will get maximum points.
They don't have to now.

Pointless attacking teams without forwards who can score goals
When you see Ross Stewart taking a corner, the tallest guy on the pitch it's not hard to see scoring from a set piece isn't a priority. Wigan 3 corners 2 goals, Sunderland 12 corners zilch. I can only assume the Wigan players were meant to either lose concentration or fall about laughing to succumb to Baldrick's cunning plan.

Both went to struggling teams and won 3-0 at the weekend
We go to a struggling team and are lucky to lose 2-1
Mentally we have a manager and players who are weak as piss

When you see Ross Stewart taking a corner, the tallest guy on the pitch it's not hard to see scoring from a set piece isn't a priority. Wigan 3 corners 2 goals, Sunderland 12 corners zilch. I can only assume the Wigan players were meant to either lose concentration or fall about laughing to succumb to Baldrick's cunning plan.
You may have noticed, we never once had a man on the back post, everyone went near post as the ball drifted over there heads
Set plays are such an important part of the game at this level, pity it hasn't dawned on Johnson

Only four teams have scored more set piece goals than we have in League One this season.

First half an hour we did three or four different routines, it seems pretty clear it's something we actually try to make the most of. Given a large percentage of our gameplan is based around crosses into the box it would be a bit silly to ignore set pieces.

The amount of teams who have come down from the championship in disarray and then manage to bounce back up at first attempt pisses me off. We started life in League 1 with a clean slate and yet here we are now staring down the barrel of a FOURTH f***ing season in this God awful league.

Thing is, if it was Hull or Posh playing Wigan tonight, they would have stuffed them.

We've had a good run, but we're the ones that's ran out of steam when we hoped it would be the two above us.

Game over for the season tonight, we are now we'll and truly part of the league one furniture for a 4th season.

More of a whimper than a fight.

Last edited:
Thing is, if it was Hull or Posh playing Wigan tonight, they would have stuffed them.

We've had a good run, but we're the ones that's ran out of steam when we hoped it would be the two above us.

Game over for the season tonight, we are now we'll and truly part of the league one furniture for a 4th season.

More of a whimper than a fight.

Leeds spent three seasons in League One.
We dont go up and we'll the worst performing of the "bigger" clubs who dropped badly.. like Leeds, Sheff Wed, Wolves etc

Leeds spent three seasons in League One.
We dont go up and we'll the worst performing of the "bigger" clubs who dropped badly.. like Leeds, Sheff Wed, Wolves etc

And it's looking more of a certainty with each passing game now. LJ looks to have lost the plot with all his tinkering.....he's fucked about that much, that he's actually lost himself.

Back