Hull & Peterboro

It's all about consistency and bouncing back in this league. Neither of them looked better than us head to head and they've each lost 3 more games than us (it was 5 last week), but they've both turned a lot of draws in to wins whereas we've settled for far too many draws with poor sides and that's the difference. It will be rough sledding for Peterbrough in the Championship as it has been for everyone who has gone up since we've gone down, but I do wonder how Hull will handle things. They were desperately poor last season despite some decent players.

Peterborough ... FFS, nee disrespect and all that but when you look at some of the teams that have surpassed us in the last few years. Never mind teams like Charlton, Coventry, Luton or Barnsley who've all played at a higher level in recent decades ... we have also sunk lower than Rotherham, Wycombe, Peterborough and, by the end of this season, possibly Lincoln City. WTF have we become? (rhetorical question)

be a good battle between the 3 teams competing for 3rd spot knowing they'll get to play us.
Often the 6th place team is the one to watch, especially if they made a surge to make the play offs. Paradoxically and statistically, 4th place can often be the best position to finish.

I dunno if they added many players in the summer but the way Hull have dominated this league after surrendering their Championship place last season is scary. After their capitulation last season I didn't see them as top two challengers this season and given how poor they were in the League Cup game at the beginning of the season I felt justified in that belief, but they've made light work of this season.

Considering their form and remaining fixtures, they are both effectively promoted tonight imo.

Hull have been top for 90% of the season & Peterboro have sorted their defence out that has held them back for many years.

Fair play to them, they have deserved it.

Congratulations to both 👏

Hope this gets bumped come the end of the season

Back