2011–2012Ipswich Town (loan) 33 (4)
2012–2013Ipswich Town (loan) 39 (7)
2013–2016 Ipswich Town 127 (50)
2016– Newcastle United 14 (5)
National team‡
2004–2005
Republic of Ireland U21 9 (3)
2007– Republic of Ireland 23 (1}

This is poor imo and hes older now of course.
Those stats aren't great but we wouldn't be expecting him to be our main source of goals imo. He would do a job without a doubt and be a focal point but a little speedy fella alongside him would be required.

50 in 127 for Ipswich and 5 in 14 for the Mags when not often a starter, with McGeady and hopefully Khazri supplying the bullets I think he'd do well personally.

I think in fairness he has one absolutely blinding season 3 years ago which was a bit out of context from everything he has done before or since. I would rather have someone such as Hugill with it all to prove.

I think in fairness he has one absolutely blinding season 3 years ago which was a bit out of context from everything he has done before or since. I would rather have someone such as Hugill with it all to prove.
I haven't seen much of him but if Grayson knows him and rates him then great go for him, I'm just being pragmatic with our financial predicament, I'm just giving an alternative if he doesn't come/proves too expensive. Is there any other proper physical CF's available for free?

I think there will be two striker signings with Maja, Watmore, Asoro used to fill in if needed. First choice front three of McGeady, Hugill, Watmore is pretty good for this league. Further wingers/ forwards won't be seriously considered until we know who's gone by start of season. If we still had Lens and Khazri ( unlikely) we'd be very well equipped forward wise, if they've both gone another couple of forwards would be needed IMO but probably more wide players.
Who knows what the long term effects of Watmore's injury will be? He relies on pace and it is often lost after a cruciate injury.

I haven't seen much of him but if Grayson knows him and rates him then great go for him, I'm just being pragmatic with our financial predicament, I'm just giving an alternative if he doesn't come/proves too expensive. Is there any other proper physical CF's available for free?

Is Murphy available on a free and is he proper physical?

Is Murphy available on a free and is he proper physical?
I'd say he'd be cheap as he's 34 after all, and I do think he's added a bit of physicality to his game of late, I've still not heard many other options from anyone? there's probably loads in the lower leagues but I've no idea of their quality.

I'd say he'd be cheap as he's 34 after all, and I do think he's added a bit of physicality to his game of late, I've still not heard many other options from anyone? there's probably loads in the lower leagues but I've no idea of their quality.

His whole physique is very different from when he was with us like. He looks like a different person!

Obviously hit the weights when his speed started to go.

Good decision to be fair. Works for a lot of better players, it's the ones who lose their pace and don't try to adjust their game make me laugh.

Obviously hit the weights when his speed started to go.

I'll admit my main reason for being so against his signing isn't to do with football, it's that I don't want us to do the mags a favour :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back