Huggins new contract delayed due to injury

Evans and Willis were totally different to Huggins.

Evans and Willis got bad injuries but had been almost ever present before that (I know Evans has had injuries through his career and missed a few games in League One but was fairly reliable). Their contracts expired while they were recovering from long term injuries and nobody else would have given them a contract, it was only right to support them and give them another year given their pervious service to us.

Huggins has been crocked from day 1 - 22 games in 3 years. He still has another year left to recover and get himself fit, it would have been different if his contract was up this summer but it isn't. Any renewal talks will be over a longer term deal and why would we give another 3 years to someone who is never available?

Hume and Huggins are my first choices at fullback. Its bizarre saying this considering Huggins is out injured but Cirkin is just too injury prone. 3 games in, 2 months out.

Cracking player. His goal against Watford was superb.

Mind you we'd have decisions to make if all of our fullbacks were fit.

I'd assume Hume and Cirkin would be first choice for most.

Back five: Huggins Hume Ballard Alese Cirkin :cool:
Hume and Huggins are my first choices at fullback. Its bizarre saying this considering Huggins is out injured but Cirkin is just too injury prone. 3 games in, 2 months out.

That's definitely bizarre given they joined around the same time (2.5 years ago) huggins has played 22 games for us and cirkin has played 70

Last edited:
Makes me wonder why Willis got one while injured and to never play for us again tbh.
Because Willis will have ran out of contract while injured. Huggins will be back by the time his has run out.
I do imagine cost is the motivating factor and had Willis been on more they’d have fucked him off.
But they done it for Evans who will be on more than both of them. So that’s wrong
Hume and Huggins are my first choices at fullback. It’s bizarre saying this considering Huggins is out injured but Cirkin is just too injury prone. 3 games in, 2 months out.
Someone will correct me if I’m wrong but Cirkins injures are off a bad tackle ( nothing he can do about that) getting knocked out while scoring ( nothing he can do about that) and then this season a hamstring injury that they though was sorted but went again so surgery was needed?

Last edited:

Back