Huel

Thank you for reminding me of this fantastic post. Your shites got better @PTR?

I just started my 7th bag of Huel. Have it for lunch most days at work after I've worked out.
3 Scoops Huel (Current bag is Vanilla flavour)
2 Scoops Protein Shake (Current Flavour chocolate)
Fill the provided Huel cup with Water

Jobs a good'un.

Thank you for reminding me of this fantastic post. Your shites got better @PTR?

I just started my 7th bag of Huel. Have it for lunch most days at work after I've worked out.
3 Scoops Huel (Current bag is Vanilla flavour)
2 Scoops Protein Shake (Current Flavour chocolate)
Fill the provided Huel cup with Water

Jobs a good'un.
I completely stopped with the Huel a while back - life got in the way.

I'm going to get back on it soon though. Probably start of October.

Started again today now that things are calming down a bit in my life. Well, as calm as having 3 month old twins can be.

Going to have steel cut oats every morning for breakfast - made a massive batch in the instant pot so that's ready to heat up every day. And then Huel for lunch every day.

Unflavoured & unsweetened with 2 tbsp raw cacao powder and 2tbsp of sugar - made with normal semi milk.
Yeah, that's a lot of sugar, but it really needs it otherwise it tastes horrific, and I don't want to use sweeteners. Might change to a more nutricious sugar source eventually, but for now, this is nice and easy and will do.

Evening meals as normal. Cutting out all the snacks though - Found myself going into the kitchen for snacks all day even though I wasn't hungry, its nothing but a habit - something to do, something to distract me from work etc. Hopefully I can break that habit easily.

Breaking my obvious sugar addiction won't be so easy - so going to try to settle into this regime for a week, then find a place in the house, and a time, where I can get back into DDPY. But food regime first, then the rest to follow.

Wish me luck.

Started again today now that things are calming down a bit in my life. Well, as calm as having 3 month old twins can be.

Going to have steel cut oats every morning for breakfast - made a massive batch in the instant pot so that's ready to heat up every day. And then Huel for lunch every day.

Unflavoured & unsweetened with 2 tbsp raw cacao powder and 2tbsp of sugar - made with normal semi milk.
Yeah, that's a lot of sugar, but it really needs it otherwise it tastes horrific, and I don't want to use sweeteners. Might change to a more nutricious sugar source eventually, but for now, this is nice and easy and will do.

Evening meals as normal. Cutting out all the snacks though - Found myself going into the kitchen for snacks all day even though I wasn't hungry, its nothing but a habit - something to do, something to distract me from work etc. Hopefully I can break that habit easily.

Breaking my obvious sugar addiction won't be so easy - so going to try to settle into this regime for a week, then find a place in the house, and a time, where I can get back into DDPY. But food regime first, then the rest to follow.

Wish me luck.

All the best with it mate. Out of interest, why sugar over sweeteners?

All the best with it mate. Out of interest, why sugar over sweeteners?
Loads of research now showing that sweeteners, basically, poison the gut microbiome, killing the stuff you really want to have and letting the bad stuff (that wants to eat sugar) flourish.

So eating sweetener makes you crave sugar, in the long run.

Not having a go but have you read the studies? I haven't, but I've heard Layne Norton talk about it a lot and he posted the below on his Instagram account recently. On podcasts I've heard him talk about the fact that significant consumption may cause changes to the gut microbiome but they aren't yet sure whether these are good, bad or indifferent.

Happy to read anything you've got, we're all learning!

Ordered a load of this to replace my crap unhealthy lunch choices but ordered the premixed bottles rather than faffing about with the powder.
Its expensive but still cheaper than buying lunch every day.
Had a chocolate one tonight which tasted ok. Certainly no worse than usual protein shakes. Will see how I get on with the vanilla and berries tomorrow.

Ordered a load of this to replace my crap unhealthy lunch choices but ordered the premixed bottles rather than faffing about with the powder.
Its expensive but still cheaper than buying lunch every day.
Had a chocolate one tonight which tasted ok. Certainly no worse than usual protein shakes. Will see how I get on with the vanilla and berries tomorrow.

With my last order they sent me a premix bottle to try. I thought it was awful.

I'm now 6 months in and still going strong. I personally do not suffer from wind or to be honest any noticeable side effects. I guess I'm lucky? I've lost a little fat albeit that wasn't especially my goal as I'm pretty fit anyway. I train a lot.

I take a shake for lunch at work after training most days as my lunch. I eat a normal breakfast and dinner and don't huel on a weekend.

Not having a go but have you read the studies? I haven't, but I've heard Layne Norton talk about it a lot and he posted the below on his Instagram account recently. On podcasts I've heard him talk about the fact that significant consumption may cause changes to the gut microbiome but they aren't yet sure whether these are good, bad or indifferent.

Happy to read anything you've got, we're all learning!
tbh, I've read a fair few articles on it, but a google search brings up loads of studies

First two:

I haven't picked ones that support my statement, just literally the first two. There's, of course, a lot of discussion on both sides.

Last edited:
With my last order they sent me a premix bottle to try. I thought it was awful.

I'm now 6 months in and still going strong. I personally do not suffer from wind or to be honest any noticeable side effects. I guess I'm lucky? I've lost a little fat albeit that wasn't especially my goal as I'm pretty fit anyway. I train a lot.

I take a shake for lunch at work after training most days as my lunch. I eat a normal breakfast and dinner and don't huel on a weekend.

Tried the three flavours and chocolate and vanilla seem to be the best. Berry isn't very nice at all. Not something I would ever enjoy consuming but does the job.

Tried the three flavours and chocolate and vanilla seem to be the best. Berry isn't very nice at all. Not something I would ever enjoy consuming but does the job.

I'm not hugely fond of the vanilla but reckon it's alright. I usually buy the flavourless as I mix it with protein shake and that usually has it's own flavour. I'm quite a fan of Aldrig Vila protein, and their flavours are really good. The one I currently have is Banana & Vanilla flavour.

UU is better imo.

Add your own flavourings.

2 tbsp raw cacao and 2 of sugar creates a lovely chocolate, and using raw cacao is really good for you
Handfull of frozen berries with a little sugar makes a cracking one too

Oh my, the huel farts are back
Ok, since yesterday morning, about 10am, I've had 7 (SEVEN) shites.

After shit #3 or 4 last night, I'd farted first, then went up for a dump. The missus entered the sitting room as I was on the stairs, and all I heard was "how can it smell so bad"

:lol:

Had the berry one today. Wasn't as good as I remembered. Maybe it just needed a bit more sugar. Still totally drinkable though.

Honestly, its better.

A single packet sarnie from tescos or whatever doesn't come close to a batch of this stuff.

Agreed. It's not as satisfying as real food but in terms of satiety its far more filling. I just wish it was a nice savoury flavour rather than sweet.

Agreed. It's not as satisfying as real food but in terms of satiety its far more filling. I just wish it was a nice savoury flavour rather than sweet.
Get UU, and make it whatever flavour you want. I recon it'd work well with Al's Curry!

Back