*~*~* Huddersfield v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

What I didn't get last night is that most of the time Clarke had 3 men on him. That means that leaves them with 7 free out field players against 9 of ours.
Quick ball from Clarke, and runners pushing in to the gaps would have destroyed them, but it seems Beale just can't see it. 🤷‍♂️

What I didn't get last night is that most of the time Clarke had 3 men on him. That means that leaves them with 7 free out field players against 9 of ours.
Quick ball from Clarke, and runners pushing in to the gaps would have destroyed them, but it seems Beale just can't see it. 🤷‍♂️
Or Clarke won’t see it. Jack has been absolutely brilliant this season but if he’s marked by three he seems to think - right I’ll beat three then.

Or Clarke won’t see it. Jack has been absolutely brilliant this season but if he’s marked by three he seems to think - right I’ll beat three then.
If it's that he "won't" see it, then that's any easy fix. He needs to be f***ing told.
If it's that he "can't" see it, then it's an even bigger problem marra.

Very disappointing. The lack of width was alarming in the first half and we just weren't at it. Huddersfield wanted it more all over the pitch which was worrying. Still not convinced about Beale either.

Aye I was livid it was the sort of thing you'd do if you were ahead and wasting time.
I love him but that blew my mind
...that screamed out to me, something isn't right at all mate.
Very disappointing. The lack of width was alarming in the first half and we just weren't at it. Huddersfield wanted it more all over the pitch which was worrying. Still not convinced about Beale either.
I, and others posted on here who had watched Beale at Rangers that he doesn't play with width...which is our main strength tbh.

Last edited:
You cant blame Jack Clarke for last night

He was our only attacking threat - being as how for sone reason Beale thought we should play without a right wing and that Jobe should be played from the start …. again …. as the experiment of bringing him on with half an hour to go at the weekend failed so badly

Remember in their last match Huddersfield conceded five (5) but our best chance yesterday came from one of their defenders nearly putting it in his own net

We had around two thirds of the possession but what did we do with it? Dicking about passing on the halfway line in slow motion while watching them get ten men back behind the ball

We need more urgency, more width and more of the play in their box - that O Nein had to go up and do it shows where the problem lies

Frankly if Jobe is going to play he needs to spend half his time in THEIR box

You cant blame Jack Clarke for last night

He was our only attacking threat - being as how for sone reason Beale thought we should play without a right wing and that Jobe should be played from the start …. again …. as the experiment of bringing him on with half an hour to go at the weekend failed so badly

Remember in their last match Huddersfield conceded five (5) but our best chance yesterday came from one of their defenders nearly putting it in his own net

We had around two thirds of the possession but what did we do with it? Dicking about passing on the halfway line in slow motion while watching them get ten men back behind the ball

We need more urgency, more width and more of the play in their box - that O Nein had to go up and do it shows where the problem lies

Frankly if Jobe is going to play he needs to spend half his time in THEIR box
Beale setting out his stall for Southgate's job with the slow, aimless passing either side of the halfway line.

It's literally impossible to have any sort of idea about how the team will perform match by match. As soon as we think we've got some momentum or have worked out our approach, it all goes in the opposite direction.

What boils my piss is that we spent 2m on that CB from Leeds to play LB when it could have went on either a striker or DCM.

Beale will no doubt put Hume at LB on Saturday meaning there's yet another new signing destined for the bench and another January window wasted by not trying to improve the starting 11.

Not only that, but our new head coach and the unsackable coaching staff are simply out of their depth.

It's literally impossible to have any sort of idea about how the team will perform match by match. As soon as we think we've got some momentum or have worked out our approach, it all goes in the opposite direction.
I feel like Beale tries to be clever (when he clearly isn't) and makes tweaks when he's found something that works. He said himself that when he took Ekwah and Ba off for Rigg and Jobe on Saturday that it freed Dan Neil to venture further up the field with them covering more ground for him. Yet Ekwah plays again and is poor and Dan Neil gets lobbed off ahead of Jobe and Ekwah.

I think Clarke has been found out.
Defenders double up on him, stop the cut inside and he is fucked. The mags did it to him, and now this lot tonight.
Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits, and we would really struggle without him, but to think there will be a long list of suitors with megamoney begging him to to sign is probably a bit optomistic imo.
Which should leave space for others but we do not seem capable of capitalising on
I think he’s overrated on here.
Hes our best player for getting the ball moving out from the back with his surges forward

Last edited:

Back