*~*~* Huddersfield v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

We put an awful lot of money in terms of fees and no doubt wages into younger inexperienced players from abroad in the hope they come off. Given the make up of the squad before the summer that wasn't what we needed. A functional forward or maybe an experienced defensive midfielder, both ideally or even just one would have helped the team and squad. We've lacked both for a year now.
Part of me feels sorry for the managers. They are paid well, doubtless, and they get to manage a big side with a dedicated fanbase. But currently managers are expected to achieve success with a cut-price squad with glaring deficiencies. That said, it’s starting to look as if Mowbray was more skilled at getting a tune out of a two string violin.

There is next to zero chance of Clarke being here at the beginning of next season if we are still in this league. Ballard, I'm not so sure.
I think Clarke has been found out.
Defenders double up on him, stop the cut inside and he is fucked. The mags did it to him, and now this lot tonight.
Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits, and we would really struggle without him, but to think there will be a long list of suitors with megamoney begging him to to sign is probably a bit optomistic imo.

Defenders double up on him, stop the cut inside and he is fucked. The mags did it to him, and now this lot tonight.
Don't get me wrong, I love him to bits, and we would really struggle without him, but to think there will be a long list of suitors with megamoney begging him to to sign is probably a bit optomistic imo.
Haway man. He is absolutely class

They certainly crowded Clarke and isolated him with the ball.
It worked perfectly and we had no answer.
Our coaches need to get more sophisticated.

Read the whole post marra. I love him to bits, and don't want to lose him, but.........

You certainly haven't. You are one of those type of people that even if we were challenging in the champions league, after one bad game you'd be desperate to start slagging off the team, the owner, the ball boys and the tea lady.
You happy with that performance tonight? At all concerned that it’s been a regular occurrence this season? No?

They certainly crowded Clarke and isolated him with the ball.
It worked perfectly and we had no answer.
Our coaches need to get more sophisticated.

This is what I don't get. If several players are surrounding Clarke then that means there are spaces elsewhere. So why don't we use those spaces rather than have everyone stood watching Clarke floundering.

No playoffs this season unless we go on an unheard of run of wins.

Lose at the weekend and we are finished. Well done KLD and Speakshit. Please sell Jobe for £50mil and get the fuck out of our club. Seeing you stood next to Sepp Blatter on STID was a sick joke you spoiled little French Tory

This shit would have happened with Mowbray as well. Up in the air one minute then crashing and burning the next. It's the level of Head Coach that we are currently at. Mediocre. Back room coaches, mediocre at best, but seemingly 100% job secure. Seems to me KLD and Speakman are aiming for top ten finish and nothing more. We,seemingly, have no choice but to be grateful for where they have got us compared to where we were.

Back