How would the fans feel

Short didn't get the parachute money, that money went to pay-off the last of the debt to SBC like it was always meant to do
That’s exactly the same, short left that debt, so effectively the money went to him
Many championship club owners do. Why not ours? Or should we just be content having owners putting nothing in and taking on external debt in tbe process which will likely eat away at the money we generate?

You seem.quite happy to have a team that will likely be fighting relegation to league 1 again next season. I'm not.
But it’s completely unsustainable, if all owners do it, all teams are no better off.

By doing it you make the league a competition of wealth.

Last edited:
That’s what I thought but

so the debt was paid off

so the debt was paid off. I thought you were implying itherwise
The debt was paid off, but short didn’t pay it all off, he effectively routed the parachute money via what happened.

If he’d left it totally debt free, the parachute money would have gone to pay the remaining debt as it wouldn’t have existed

That’s exactly the same, short left that debt, so effectively the money went to him

But it’s completely unsustainable, if all owners do it, all teams are no better off.

By doing it you make the league a competition of wealth.
It is basically already a competition of wealth. The championship is a mess financially. But the alternative is a complete a total regression of the club. The idea that our club, with its infrastructure, and taking into account of the landscape of the championship can be sustainable in the championship is cloud cuckoo stuff.

And what is really unsustainable is our owners taking on external debt.

14 signings and only Jobe with any meaningful contribution.
🤮
That list is the absolute definition of the sayings 'quantity over quality', and 'you get what you pay for'.

Has set us back years the last two windows and sacking Mowbray for Beale.....unfortunately it will be the same people choosing the next head coach and next load of cheap youngsters.

That list is the absolute definition of the sayings 'quantity over quality', and 'you get what you pay for'.

Has set us back years the last two windows and sacking Mowbray for Beale.....unfortunately it will be the same people choosing the next head coach and next load of cheap youngsters.

That's it.

Broadhead Simms Moore in the striker role not suitable for our model. Hemir Berscow Mayenda much better.

Bollocks

If you are a billionaire, why would you borrow money and pay interest when you don't need to? Fuckin weird the way the club is being ran currently, too many things don't quite stack up right for me.

It is basically already a competition of wealth. The championship is a mess financially. But the alternative is a complete a total regression of the club. The idea that our club, with its infrastructure, and taking into account of the landscape of the championship can be sustainable in the championship is cloud cuckoo stuff.

And what is really unsustainable is our owners taking on external debt.
Then football is over. The only way to succeed is to find an owner willing to lose millions.

That’s not sport, that just something that resembles it.
If you are a billionaire, why would you borrow money and pay interest when you don't need to? Fuckin weird the way the club is being ran currently, too many things don't quite stack up right for me.
Because most billionaires don’t have their wealth sitting in their current account, it’s most likely tied up in other Investments that may make more revenue than the cost of the interest on the loan.
We shouldn’t jump in then but if it’s proven true the support needs to mobilise imho.
What does mobilise mean? Another banner held up for two minutes before kick off that most probably went unnoticed?

Last edited:
Then football is over. The only way to succeed is to find an owner willing to lose millions.

That’s not sport, that just something that resembles it.
Well that shouldn't be a surprise mate. Football has been like this for a few years now.

And I don't necessarily think an owner needs to lose millions. But they probably need to invest to get us to the point of being an established PL club. Do that and the Value of the club would increase exponentially.

He must not of received his birthday money in time/yet.

Back